Octatrack OS 1.30B is here

thank’s for your response elektronauts :slight_smile: :smiley:

Cool, i’ll have another play around shortly. I may have explained it wrong, but if its working for you then I may be mistaken :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve tested and can’t recreate it now so its probably just my mistake. Thanks for testing it and clarifying! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just to clarify - mine was fine after another reboot following the ‘UI not tested’ error

1 Like

OS 1.30B finally motivated me to dust off my OTMkI, which had been gathering dust after it crashed on us, in the middle of band rehearsals for our set at Psycho Las Vegas 2016. Belated thanks to those here who suggested the problem might be with too many Projects being on the CF card - I deleted a bunch of unused Projects and the machine seems stable again. Early thoughts on 1.30B on Mk1.:

The bad:

• Updated manual mislabels a critical button for the Trig Conditions/Fills stuff - keeps mentioning a button called PATTERN PAGE but the label actually says SCALE SETUP… This is a needlessly confusing oversight.
  • No MIDI note number for activating a Fill (currently need to hold 2-3 buttons). Not sure I’ll be using Fills very much - seems like it’d be easier to just program another pattern, with trig conditions set to taste, and switch to that for my “fill”.
  • Manual does not explain what Fill Mode actually looks like on the MkI. Just mention that the 4 LEDs next to the SCALE SETUP button flash, please.

The good:

• Trig conditions is a huge game-changer. Cheers to the Elektron team for putting in the time to implement this for the MkI, even though it’s probably not as profitable for them as newer products.
  • Bug fixes!!!
2 Likes

LOL, I just seen this and now my OT is dead frozen in the startup! Halp!! :dizzy_face:

1.30B

Im having MIDI problems.
I have 3 boxes plugged in after Octatrack.
Monologue, TR-09, TT-303. Each on MIDI Channel 1, 2, 3.
I can send MIDI to the first box in the chain ( #1) but then
it dies after the first box.

This is only after this update. Anyone else having this?

It seems unlikely that this is anything to do with the OT firmware update.

What MIDI cable connections have you made?

What MIDI channels have you set on the OT?

What MIDI settings have you configured on the other instruments?

2 Likes

And if I may, at some point a USB hub might reveal useful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Elektronauts : )

I will update my new Octarack MK2 from OS 1.30 to 1.30B.

But before i update i better want to ask the Forum:

Are there any problems with the new OS 1.30B?
Or can i install the new OS 1.30B without any doubts?

(And is it worth to Upadate now?)

Thank you very much and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Alex : )

Hi Alex,

there’ll always be issues, but the general consensus seems to be that upgrading from 1.30 to 1.30B does more good than harm. If you haven’t run into issues with 1.30 and you have a gig coming up, maybe it’s not a good idea to upgrade just now, but I probably don’t need to tell you that…

2 Likes

And good practice is creating a new blank project and save it, to avoid corrupting anything.

2 Likes

Hi Hans :wink:

Thank you! More good than harm sounds good!
I`ve searched in this forum and didnt find some specific post to this.

Best regards,

Alex : )

Just upgraded… Should’ve read the instructions first… Goodbye CF card and projects!! :cry:

What happened?

Upgraded to 1.30 and suddenly my CF card and projects got wiped. :worried::disappointed::sob:

My fault for not backing it up though. Oh well.

I got 3 boxes connected by midi after my OT. No problem at all after upgrading the OS. Check your cables, your channels, etc. I think it’s not a issue with the new OS.

If it’s any consolation, this is odd and may not even be connected to the upgrade. Sometimes the directory structure on flash cards can get inconsistent with the actual data still intact. Maybe run a google search for “compact flash file recovery utility” and you might just be able to get back what you lost. After that make sure to take regular backups in case it’s the card that’s starting to lose it. Good luck!

2 Likes

Oh, that’s sad. Did you eject the OT on the PC before the upgrade?

Thanks i’ll look into it!!