Octatrack OS 1.30B is here

I just upgraded from 1.25E, everything seems to be working.
Thank you for trig conditions Elektron!

I get that message too and then total freezeā€¦ no buttons responsive after project samples load.
I have to turn the machine off and on a random amount of times and it eventually works.
The OT was working fine with previous OSā€¦
Anyone else have this same problem?

yep same problem hereā€¦ I only just got Octatrack a few days ago so I have not even been able to use it yet :confused:

Big Up

I have the same issue! Any ideas anyone? Octa totally locked outā€¦

Have you got the mk1 or mk2 ?

OS 1.30 for MK1 made bug or not ?

not for me, nor many others, I installed the .bin on the card and followed the pdf instructions on the zip

4 Likes

Did some of the OctaUsers have see that when going to trig cond mode and microtiming menu that they are some little lag sometimes or am I the only one ?

(But no big pb + TY for upgarde)

Weird things for me with parts.
Iā€™ll detail in bug reports.

I canā€™t seem to install some soundpacks on my MKII that I had purchased for my MKI. I copy to the root, but they do not show up when I try to change sets. Also, I just bought my MKII yesterday and the presets wonā€™t load as a set. I get ā€œcorruptā€ messages. Anyone running into similar issues? Final dumb question, but was I wrong to assume that I could simply use my compact flash card from my MKI and simply move it to my MKII and it would work?

Awesome. Time to go investigateā€¦

4 Likes

Think I just ran into a TRC problem using /PRE and /NEI. For some reason the TRC loaded trig following a /NEI trig also has to be the /negative way round or it doesnā€™t register.

Eg. /NEI followed by PRE should trigger the PRE if /NEI was positive, but Iā€™m finding I have to use /PRE instead. Doesnā€™t make sense to me :confounded:

edit: What also doesnā€™t make sense is my explanation, Iā€™ll test it again and try and explain it properly :wink:

A bit late but welcome to the conditional party.

Iā€™m not sure if heā€™s comming to party, might have to do detective work firstā€¦ :scream_cat:
I hope Rusty gets to party thoughā€¦
Me too, but at this point I think Iā€™ll wait for the opening acts to do do their thing and jump in after midnight when the dance floor is non-stopā€¦ :boom:

3 Likes

Files should be in the active set folder, in Audio folder for exemple.

4 Likes

Ok cool , i"m afraid because i see some people say that her OT freeze ā€¦ , and also iā€™ve got the OT since not long time and iā€™m scared of there are some bugs that iā€™m not even conscious in the new os x)

Installed via c6, it might make sense to reinstall from the cf card. Iā€™ll try it.

It checks out fine with me

T1 has a TRC on Trig 9 e.g. 1:3

T2 has a /NEI on Trig 9 and a Pre on 13

when T1 plays its trig9 TRUE event nothing happens on T2 that pass, when nothing happens on T1, T2 plays two events that pass

if you nudge all of T2 1 left - then the /NEI & Pre pair are flipped from previous behaviour for the T1 true pass as it precedes it in the timeline now ā€¦ so the positioning of the /NEI is important in relation to the TRC of the Track above it

So as far as I can see itā€™s all working as expected and thereā€™s no need to use /PRE if the /NEI is doing as it should - itā€™s easiest to test with three distinct short decay sounds imho

3 Likes

No freeze, and I found out why part 1 Thru last on part 2 Static : you need to place a trig to change machine.

4 Likes