Octatrack MKII (MK2/2nd Gen) specific bugs thread

Same for me on input A on a brand new unit arrived yesterday.
Yesterday I plug the cable and removed it, and the blinking light disapperared.
It has come back today though :confused:
It is firmware or a bad solder joint/defective jack ?

1 Like

Im new user on OT
Page/scale button leds Red on Red Light on recording it’s normal?

Yes.

EDIT: in more words: I’ve created a ticket for this issue a while ago and it was acknowledged this could be rectified in software. No word however on whether it actually will be. As it is it’s an issue for me, maybe my eyes are getting old, but I really think the contrast is way too low (and unnecessarily so).

3 Likes

Flashing LEDs!

I have a little panic! The LEDs of the input signals A and C have started to flash, for no apparent reason. I have then pulled out all the cables of the inputs, but the flashing does not stop. I know that this was a known bug, but this was theoretically fixed with the penultimate update. The version is up to date (I think 1.3c).
I have tried everything, create new project, connected to another power supply, memory card changed, but without success.
The only thing that works is the following: I have under the menu item “Mix” the gain to -64minimiert on all inputs. This causes the LEDs to go out. However, this is not a solution, because I can not record so.

I then inserted a cable with no signal in the jacks. Oddly enough, LED A has stopped flashing. When the input for C and D turn, it stops flashing as long as a cable is inserted without a signal. As soon as I remove this, it starts flashing again. (Green to yellow / orange).

I hope the electron still another update published. Does anyone have the same problem, (with the latest version)?

Created a ticket for this but does anyone still have issues with scenes in 1.30C? I’m having sporadic problems with fading XVOL from one scene to another and tracks bleeding through. Almost like the fader needs to be calibrated and it’s not registering all the way. It affects other parameters such as rate where fading to a muted scene won’t reset the rate properly throwing the loop out of sync. Sometimes it’s scene A, other times B and occasionally both. Really strange part of all of this is that it will just start working properly out of nowhere and then 5 minutes later start acting up again. I actually did the test mode fader reset thing per Elektron and it seemed to help for a bit but then went right back to being a problem again. Really doing my head in on this one.

this happens with me too

Update to my fader not going 100% to one side or the other issue. Turns out it had something to do with my xkey37 connected to it. I pulled all my gear off of the Octatrack and no fader issues. Funny thing is that I had audio cc in off so I don’t know how it was getting fader cc’s. Midi direct was on however. Reconnected all my gear and turned all the midi in items to internal and midi direct to off and haven’t had a problem since. Strange!

1 Like

Hi all, first time post here, I recently bought a 2nd hand OT Mk2 and i am so happy with the workflow I have in place now. Anyway the issue I have found (Im on ver 1.3c) is my T7 red led sometimes blinkers very faintly when I’m on that track. Sometimes its fine (normal RED led) but other times it flickers like the led is malfunctioning? Anyone else had this issue? It doesn’t effect performance and I’m already racing toward my 7th (keeper) beat since owning it for a month now :slight_smile:
I should add Ive also noticed the uneven back light issue on some of the trigs and main function buttons but that’s not really bothering me right now, but the flicking LED issue is! Should I be thinking about a return under the 3y warranty? Ive transferred the serial successfully to my account. Thanks :smiley:

It’s completely up to you whether the flickering LED is distracting enough for you to get your OT repaired. If you did want to do so, you should create a support ticket on Elektron’s website.

1 Like

Thanks Peter I suppose it’s not a distraction so I’ll bear with it for now.
Mj

I don’t know if this has been reported but when I switch Parts it takes a good 1-2 seconds for the switch to happen and then you hear the sounds… is this normal behavior? I have 1.30c

sometimes it works but most times the switching parts doesn’t work…

I’ve contacted support about the input led flickering and they confirmed it is a hardware issue.
The unit has to return for service :frowning:

So no software issue!

2 Likes

Could be an old bug

This may be a user error but it happens frequently enough I thought I’d see if this is a “thing”:

TLDR: Sometimes quantized record stop doesnt work as expected.

I have all my track recorders set to ONE2 mode, with QREC set to 16. I also have the “quick record” option set. Very frequently I’ll capture live audio or resample a track with the following process:

• Open REC1 menu and set a one-shot rec trig on first step
  • Hold the one-shot trig and press the REC1/2/3 button, depending on what i want to record
  • Press the one-shot trig to ARM it
  • Start playing the sequence, and I see the track recording start
  • Exit the REC SETUP page
  • Sometime later, press REC1/2/3 (depending on what the trig was set to record) a few beats before I want it to stop

Now, SOMETIMES, the recording continues. MOST of the time, it works as expected (I get a quantized STOP on my recorder).

100% of the time, if it doesn’t work, re-arming and trying again does work as expected.

Am I just fat-fingering something occasionally or does anybody else sometimes see this?

Same behavior with Rec 1 only? Rec 2 only? Rec 3 ?
Same behavior without one shot, starting record with Rec 1/2/3 ?

1 Like

Great questions, not at home, I may do a bit more scientific experimenting tonight.

It’s always been at most one input at a time (i.e. the rec trig isnt set for both REC1 and REC2)

I’ve for sure seen this happen on all inputs (REC1/REC2/REC3)

I’m not entirely sure if I’ve seen it happen when doing a manual (quantized) record start, as I almost always kick off the recorder with a rec trig

1 Like

Check the time needed before Qrec 16 to stop it correctly.
As you can’t use ONE2 with rec trigs only, I don’t know if that “sometimes” issue can be related… :thinking:

1 Like

I just tested a bunch of times a one shot recorder, qrec 16, one2mode, and it always stopped at the right time, I’m on mk1 1.25H though… Also tested manual recoding and worked with those settings…

The thing getting me is “press the one shot to arm it”…
This is not a method to arm one shots. Armed one shots are fully yellow, unarmed one shots flash yellow and red… What is the color of your record trig?
You enter one shots with func+trig and they are initially armed by default…

Something tells me you may be occasionally unintentionally turning it into a solid red record trig instead of a one shot, so it just keeps recording…

Maybe you know, but just in case, if you set up the recorder one shot correctly you can just press yes to arm it again without having to enter back into record setup, as long as you want to capture the same input selection, you can set up other recorders for different sources and then barely ever have to enter record setup again. Sequencer can be running…

3 Likes

Looks like it just a user-error, thanks for the feedback y’all. Anytime I would carefully / slowly go through the motions there were no issues. I’m sure I was just fat-fingering something.

3 Likes

You sometimes get to strange corners with the OT but it’s super solid once your on the right path…
My OTs set up as a looper and has recorder hundreds and hundreds of loops and I can’t remember the last time one didn’t record right, I don’t think it ever has messed up sampling using my main project… This is always using the exact same preconfigured setup however…

2 Likes