Octatrack MKII (MK2/2nd Gen) specific bugs thread

I noticed at the weekend that the current Track red LED sometimes disappears now which for me is a distraction for quick referencing what track I am on when edited :frowning:

The MK2s and Digi machines look real nice, but reading about these bugs really prevent me from purchasing the MK2s. Maybe I’ll stick with my perfectly working MK1s for now. :slightly_smiling_face:

My Unit freeze sometimes on the screen where you can see the installed OS Version. it just stops there. (happend now 2 times)

OS 1.30C

Any1 else?

I you start the Recording with a One Shot Rec Trig, you have to press REC twice to stop it.
Hence the randomness feeling.

Too bad… you send it ? how much time did it took to get it back ?

No I havent send it yet, it will go via the dealer and they told me 2-3 weeks.
I cant decide when i want to miss the OT for some time :frowning:

End of July now. Are we all clear of bugs on OS1.30C now?.
I had a MK1, sold it a while ago. Was thinking about getting a MK2 but after reading about all the bug reports, that’s not going to happen until all these freezing issues are COMPLETELY corrected. That is unacceptable. Not going to spend $1300 on a machine that locks up.

How much testing is done on these firmware versions before they’re released?.. just don’t get it.

I dont know. Sold my unit last month :man_shrugging:

I’ve just had a hard crash/lockup after selecting “Save and assign to self” a T6:R6 sound while the sound was being played. On my very first attempt doing anything with recording since I got my OTMKII a few days ago. Lucky me! :wink:

My OS is 1.30D

this thread freaks me out

I’ve been using mine for several months extensively and I’ve only had two freezes. Both were a result of having the USB connected and letting my laptop “fall asleep.”
Other than that, it’s been solid as a rock.

3 Likes

Can confirm.

I never had even a minor issue on my second hand OTmk2 (bought here from an Elektronaut). Have not used the USB port.

Running 1.30D.

I think I found a bug similar to this, but slightly different. It’s possibly a known issue already?

Steps to reproduce:

1. Load sample A on Track 4, Part 1
  2. Load sample B on Track 4, Part 2
  3. Pull up the AED (you’re editing sample B as expected)
  4. Move back to Part 1 where sample A is loaded on Track 4.
  5. Pull up the AED (you’re still editing sample B, not expected)

Seems like the workaround is to move to a different track and then go back to Track 4 and hit the AED button and now you’re editing sample A as you’d expect.

I’m new to the OT so maybe I’m just not understanding something here. Curious if anyone else has run into this.

OT MK2, OS 1.30D

Hello all, I’m having problem sequencing my TR-8 with Octatrack mk2. Someone may ask why I want to sequence TR-8 when it has its own sequencer. Well I want to build a track using Octatrack sequencer and all midi CC possibilities but my problem is when i enter trigs for kickdrum, randomly kick goes off like muted and it’s so frustrating. Also, when I sequence Digitone I dont experience any problems, no drops.
Somewhere I have red that octatrack has note off problems and I still didn’t found any solution for this problem also don’t see anybody complaining about this either.
Can someone pls tell me how can i sequence drums with octatrack? Thank you1

I’ve gotta say I’m having noticeably more mystery moments where I can’t figure out what’s happened and unexpected behaviours on the mk2 than I ever did with the mk1. I know it’s something that can happen with OT due to its complexity but I definitely know it well enough to check all parameters that might lead to no sound/problems. I feel the mk2 is definitely set up to show what’s going on better with the backlit buttons but anecdotally I’m finding more mysterious need-to-start-again moments. It’s not a show stopper or anything. Weirdly nostalgic for my mk1 back

1 Like

…i can’t complain about my mk2…on 1.30d…

but if i jump in here…i am also quite happy that i still got my mk1 in use…still running some old pre conditional trigs os on that one and will keep it that way…

Re: record trigs

Do those only show up in the menu where slide and swing are. Or should record trigs be visible in the seq trigs lit up?

Shown in Rec Setup menu too.

1 Like

So about the thread, what are the specific bugs today? To my knowledge, differences are due to hardware differences only…

• Input leds, on first batches
  • Lack of Pickup Multiply, due to the MIDI button difference
  • what else?

how are the mkii working now?