Octatrack MKII (MK2/2nd Gen) specific bugs thread

There’s nothing connected to the input but the led states otherwise, first it flickered dimmed and now it stays lit…even after turning it off and on :frowning:

2 Likes

Same happened here, until I connected a 1/4" cable. Let the light fade out, then disconnect the cable. It no longer is lit for me.

Input A led lights upon start-up even though nothing is connected.

New firmware installed.

Stayed like that even with restart.

More people out there with this issue?

Did you try my suggestion in the above post?

After the upgrade i still have crazy xfader behaviour, unresponsive play and stop and blinking input lights .
If the machine idle for several minute the xfader on the screen start moving by itself.

Damn i want to use this thing but i feel very nervous.

1 Like

I am experiencing some unusual behavior with my new Octatrack MKII with OS 1.30B. I am wondering if maybe these issues are hardware or software related. I will start with the most severe issues that come to mind and then post more as I experience/remember them:

• 80% of the time I power on the Octa, the on-screen Scene Fader goes absolutely nuts and rapidly oscillates back and forth for 3-5 minutes rendering the physical Scene Fader unresponsive and the Otca unusable unless I mute the Scenes.
  • Trig Conditions and Parameter locks often do not take effect when I assign them, but rather sometime about a minute later. Changing menus doesn’t seem to have any effect on this.
  • Changing the attack/decay time rarely gets rid of clicks and pops, rather the pop is sounded, and then silence, and then the sample fades in and fades out, and then another pop, and so on.
  • I am unable to assign Paramater Locks or Trig Conditions to multiple Trigs at once

At this point I feel like I have a decent grasp on the Octa, these just seem like straight-up bugs. I could be wrong though.

Please let me know if I should be posting this somewhere else.

Edit: 4th Issue Added

Bug or normal behavior? When the OT’s midi sync is turned on, the preroll doesn’t happen. The sequencer just starts when I press Rec + Play.

When midi sync is off. I get a nice 1 bar count in.

Curious

Same problem as @UndercoverBrother apparently. More an hardware issue.

With Clock and Transport receive ?
Seems normal. Otherwise synced with another gear there would be an offset.

Clock and transport send. OT starts immediately. No preroll.

Curious indeed.

It’s not a bug, just normal expected behaviour. No multiple Trig edits on these aspects

2 Likes

Ah, thanks! I had a feeling but just wanted to make sure.

1 Like

Plays free / one shot track plays the sample only one time. Pattern length and track length set.

To reproduce - load a sample into flex. Make plays free and one shot under pattern settings.

In slots keyboard enter in record mode. Trig a bunch of samples.

Hit the slot - note the quantization works but the sample only plays once.

Still have the randomly flashing input light-bug here after just updating to OS 1.30C.

Very frustrating. Any others with similar experience? Hardware malfunction then?

Hi! My octatrack mk2 has got frozen screenn few time… It is new. Is it common bug or should I contact the ELEKTRON?

Did you install last firmware ?

1 Like

1.30c

Test without midi or usb connections. If it’s already the case or if it’s still freezing I think you can contact Elektron.
You can also run test mode :
Powering up + Function. Press trig 1.

3 Likes

yea, probably it was because of connected USB, thank you very much!

1 Like