Octatrack MKII (MK2/2nd Gen) specific bugs thread

Wow, just reading through some of the issues you guys are facing in to. Making feel like I should force myself to really put my OT2 through the paces - I’ve only used it for a dozen hours or so since getting it!

As Ive said before - no problems on my side (other than the 16 bit to 24 bit change thing that is present on the OT1) and I’m confident Elektron will get to the bottom of all the issues but still pretty concerning!

Hey everybody with the dancing xfader and freezing issues.

What does worked for me to get it stable was to disable all midi functionality in my OT.

Go to control, sync, turbo and disable what can be disabled: all checkboxes off, midi CCs to ext , channel nrs to off, turbo negotiate to min etc.
Wait some time to stabilize Octa.
Than you can turn on the necessary midi options (I turned back almost everything on).

I was encountering freezes every boot and every 2minutes of work. After midi reset it worked for nearly an hour and I had to turn it off because of … end of the day.

Hope it’ll work tomorrow :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

5 Likes

Long time octa user, just got a MKII. I get no audio unless I mute both scenes. I have tried new projects, the demo projects, and a factory reset. BOTH scenes have to be muted or I get no audio.

Way my setup is rigged, and OT MIDI implementation, I basically always mute incoming CC, seems sufficient to get a stable OT mk2 (no freeze on my side).

Would be cool to investigate further and see exactly what kind of signal is killing the OT…

1 Like

Tried testing the fader in test mode, seems its DOA!

1 Like

How does it show? The behavior in test mode is exactly the same on both the units I have at home currently.

When moving the fader in test mode, the LED pattern lights should move with the fader.

Ok so some ‘interesting’ news about the issue I am having with my MKII octa. After rebooting in to test mode to check fader functionality maybe 10 or so times…on about the 10th time the fader starts working (this alleviates the scenes killing audio issue, as it is fader related). So now, the octa seems to be working as expected. I can only assume this is somehow related to the software bugs many others are having with the entire scene/fader section.

1 Like

After 10 minutes or so manipulating a sample in AED, the TRIM and SLICE go invisible. Reset fixes momentarily, then the invisible labels (TRIM & SLICE) return.

Switching tracks fixes the issue. At least for now.

3 Likes

If I open the Audio Editor with the AED button and accomplish any editing I need to do then hit AED to leave the Audio Editor screen it works as expected, it takes me to the main track window (SRC/AMP/LFO/FX1/FX2).

If I open the Audio Editor with the AED button and then enter PROJ, PART, MIX, ARR then return to the AED, hitting AED to leave that menu does not return me to the main track window, but instead returns me to whichever PROJ, PART, MIX, ARR window I was previously in.

This is only the case with the AED.

Question, is there a name for the new ‘shortcuts’ buttons to PROJ, PART, AED, MIX, ARR?

1 Like

i can`t think of this as anything else than a mk2 bug…

if i try to clear my P-Locks (dim green, not trigless trigs, bright green) like described:

“In live record mode ([REC]+[Play]), press and hold [Func]+[No]. As the sequencer runs past trigs”

It just does not happen!

What i can do:
I can hold [NO] and press a encoder to delete the specific automation (but not all automation :frowning: ) … but in that case the P-Lock is still visible, just without any automation-values.

( by the way: even when the method to delete all automation… above works correctly… are p-locks still visible, but loose theirs value? or are any green p-locks disappearing? )

(to be honest, i did not jet checked if it happens in a other project as well… will check that out later…)

Since month of playing tonight was my first time - OTmk2 frozen screen.
So it really happens.
7xFlex and Master and no button and knobs response.
Oh, one button working: Power switch.
Maybe too much mess in my first and only testing/learning project, twisting and conditioning every detail, scene both ends.
I dont’t know. I play on a very basic level, 10 flex slots, few patterns, two parts. But turning everything to hear how it works. Stuck on LFO page.
I’ll try again. Just wanted to tell you.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Octatrack: USB Midi or not?

ugh… I have feeling that it’s getting worse.
Today, even my reset midi workaround didn’t make it …

No response to my ticket from a week …
:disappointed:

I’ve had similar experiences. The sample display when pressing AED is sometimes empty. Coming out and going back in gets it back again.
Little quirky behaviours like this occur rather regularly for me.
Doesn’t stop me getting things done but a bit distracting. Hopefully firmware update will solve much of this when it comes.

4 Likes

These scenes and fader problems are the same issue.

I’ve encountered it yesterday. I realized that the no audio is like a more intense version of crackling. It’s also straightly related to the speed of fader jumps. If you hear cracks on your sound you can try to mute scenes and they dissappear.

I think that in this case the scenes are changing so quickly that it causes cracks on sound or even no sound at all.

I also think that it is both hardware and software issue.
I mean hardware problem but maybe can be solved by software fix - like http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/debouncing . (I had Blofeld which had such problems with encoders going inverse sometimes and was fixed by fw update ).

Maybe it does not occur on OT MKI because it’s related to the super precision feature ?

1 Like

There’s a “hardware bug” on MKII unfortunately. The bank letters are missing under trig buttons. More difficult to know which bank to select as well as which the active bank is.

1 Like

:hm:

How weird !
I hadn’t even noticed that !

Got word from Elektron that this is a known bug and has been fixed for the next OS update, coming soon.

3 Likes