Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Ah this is so cool… I almost bought one this morning… but I should sell some things before buying anything more… I’ll see if there are any left in a week, but I don’t think there will be! Nice job Elektron, this is super rad!

This one says it takes a PSU-3c power supply when the grey OT took a PSU-3b. Does anyone know the difference?

2 Likes

ha… new (old) color and limited release is nice for some. i’m not in the market for something like this, especially right now, but it might mean good deals on the gray ones later for people ready to take the challenge.

3 Likes

It’s beautiful!

Congrats on 10, that’s not an easy task with hardware. It speaks to its popularity and usefulness. Cheers!

4 Likes

is it really a “music machine” if it’s specifically geared towards collectors and hardware fetishists?

2 Likes

That’s the thing the OT is a workhorse that will get put through its paces in the right hands and will have battle scars. Why buy a diving watch if you’re not going in the water ?

You know, I just compared photos of the grey and (new) black model on Thomman’s site, and the contrast on new one seems much better. Could just be angle of photos, but maybe they used different LEDs or tweaked something.

1 Like

Yum! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Very nice, I´d like to have a black OT.

I´d like to see a customizable modular firmware, imagine an application that lets you get rid of the things you don´t use (machines or FX) and make room to other non supported things right now (maybe other FX, maybe some more options, etc.).

Arghh yes me too. I really hope we’ll see a firmware update with trig preview following this issue soon.

1 Like

I’d swap mine in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Console scalping makes it over to elektron haha

This can mean that Elektron is still working on the OT so maybe they figured out a way to include some new things in the OT firmware, maybe small ones like Trig+Yes… who knows.

6 Likes

True :grinning: Strange if they make this special anniversary edition with no updates to follow.

1 Like

Couldn’t resist :wink:

1 Like

Hope the standard version also has just the logo top right

1 Like

Sure trig preview would be nice, but all i’m really asking for is some bug fixes.

I think it’s actually kind of despicable to be releasing ‘new look’ versions of 10 year-old hardware that still has several workflow breaking bugs, some that just outright brick the OT without a power-cycle.

I´d like to see some sampling improvements like a real way to get rid of clicks.

Does this version come with “enhanced bass”?

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off topic