Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

We are delighted to announce a special, limited edition of the Octatrack MKII.

The Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition is part of our celebration of the Octatrack and its release in 2010. Limited to 350 units, and featuring a striking combination of the aesthetics from the MKI and MKII iterations, the Anniversary Edition is loaded with unique factory content and items. This is a special edition of an extra special machine.

From 2010 to Eternity

Since its first appearance, over a decade ago, the Octatrack has been mangling its way into the hearts and minds of live performers and audiences across the globe. Discovering the perfect sample is only the beginning with this 8 track dynamic performance sampler. Twist it, dismantle it, distort it, and carve it into something uniquely yours with a lineup of deep and creative features.

The Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition comes with a custom-designed 32 GB CF card - loaded with a bunch of exclusive artist content to mark the occasion and only available as part of this limited run. This new audio ecstasy has been specially put together with the help of serial, long-term Octafriends such as Andreas Tilliander, Skinnerbox, Jogging House, Headless Horseman, Inhalt, and Arc Rae. Never-before-heard slices of time, straight out of the box, to build your own sonic prophecies.

The Anniversary Edition box has its own distinct design, complete with a celebratory interpretation of the classic OT logo on a sturdy corrugated fiberboard exterior shell, ensuring everything slips together perfectly. The box features custom artwork by Tokyo-based graphic artist m7kenji, showing a sweeping tapestry-like blend of Octatrack pixel graphics and other logograms, icons, and scripts. A full-size poster of this design is included as part of the package, ready to adorn any studio wall.

Watch the Anniversary Edition video on YouTube.

Find out more about the Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition here.

Pricing & availability

The Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition is available at elektron.se for 1499 USD/1499 EUR, as well as limited retailers.

For those wondering, the good news is YES, a standard edition of the Octatrack MKII with black casing is in the works and will be coming as soon as we can get it ready. Keep your eyes peeled!

And finally, if you want more OT fun, check out a new kind of Elektron show. ESBTVS.

43 Likes

Haha! I knew it. Gorgeous!

10 Likes

Stunningly beautiful!

3 Likes

Gorgeous.

Please never go back to beige.

Edit: Dare I say it looks better than my MKI??

6 Likes

This seems fitting, black beauty!

4 Likes

Drool, that looks so nice!

And finally, make a note of another special slice of OT festivities. A new kind of show. YouTube. Friday 04.12.

Wonder what this is?!

5 Likes

I kinda want to eat it

4 Likes

Yeah, our crystal balls where quite right a few weeks back. Looks great!

But I’m not sure I would swap my russian tank model (MK2) for one … :smiley:

9 Likes

:grimacing: ah ok.
Very little chance I have one one day.
More please…

I’ll just buy black knobs for my MKI…

1 Like

Nice!

But essentially this is saying that there won’t be any OT updates in terms of the physical hardware. The only possibility is a small firmware update on a near maxed out system :frowning:

10 Likes

There it is :slight_smile:

Looking good, looking good…new black trinity^^ :elot: :elan: :heart:

2 Likes

This is a collectors item. It will only go up in value.

Im just ordering one now being a shrewd collector.

7 Likes

Could you hook a brother up on a blue MnM?

1 Like

d[:thinking:]b

3 Likes

This:

1 Like

Damn, if I was not already married …

edit:

… and want to stay married.

18 Likes

This looks lovely. But aaaargh, I just can’t justify it. I can soldier on with my MK1, right?

6 Likes

Aha! That other thread was so much fun…

4 Likes

Yawn. Completely underwhelming imo

15 Likes