Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

Strawberry liquorice!

1 Like

Adam im with you. Whichever version is a classic. This will never go out of date in my lifetime.

1 Like

Could we have the yellow DT/DN screen on the new units?:pray:t3:

Yea I like how the red buttons and new logo design really pay homage to the MK1. A worthy ā€œAnniversary Editionā€ indeed.

But who will be the first to play live with all 3 different OTs? And which would you put in the middle? The Grey? The MK1? These are the real questions.

And once the black non-Anniversary is out, thatā€™s 4 versionsā€¦ what mad scientist will want to juggle so much time space continuum at once?

12 Likes

:joy: Getting closer to jumping the sharkā€¦

At least itā€™s nowhere near Teenage Engineeringā€™s effort mind you.

3 Likes

Am i the only one swinging for this. Come on folks. Sell some gear and get on board!

6 Likes

I had a pair of red and black 7s. Loved them.

1 Like

The Octatrack is a classic, always has been, always will.

12 Likes

Octablack

2 Likes

I was tempted but no new features so may as well get the normal version. Other than the red buttons I donā€™t mind the grey. Plus itā€™s cheaper.

Was expecting a mkiii tbh

1 Like

it looks great no doubt!
I have an mk1 so no need to upgrade. Personally, If Iā€™d need another OT I would still go for mk1, because second hand prices are total no brainer. It does everything the mk2ā€™s do

3 Likes

Reckon Iā€™ll start saving for a black mk2. Gives me a few months to decide if I need it and the DT.
Was hoping for a MKiii.

1 Like

I can understand some disappointment not getting a MK3 but it is what it is. And i still use classic film cameras because the latest doesnt mean the best. I accept limitations. It makes me more creative. But dang it looks beautiful.

11 Likes

Congrats on 10 years! Hope the OT gets a true successor someday.

12 Likes

How much of a difference does the extra recording input headroom make, though, and the extra dedicated buttons? I do often lust after a Mk2, even though I love my Mk1. The outlay to switch has never seemed quite worth it, though.

Exactly. Planned/forced obsolescence is a mugs game, and so is always chasing the new shiny.

Iā€™m glad that there still exists a modern powerful sampler without gaudy squishy pads and a big touch screen as the main selling point.

18 Likes

why? Elektron made the guts perfect the first time, and they know it. let them just lean into it.

Missed opportunityā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

God yes. The less screen menu diving the better. The feel of glass perspex leaves me numb!

2021!

Gonna score a mint OTMKII grey edition from an all black gear OCDā€™d gear head.

16 tracks until infinity

11 Likes