Elektron might be cooking something up for the Octatrack

Yeah. OT isn’t OT without the physical ins and outs (ON GLORIOUS FULL-SIZE TRS JACKS)

2 Likes

Octatrack VR, where you can explore 3D spectrograms of your samples

3 Likes

You realize you can turn off quantize right?

1 Like

I got Siamese twins, it seems…

8 Likes

I held off for years on getting an OT. Finally pulled the trigger like a month or two ago. Of course they’ll release a new one in January now :laughing:

Excited either way, though I figure I’ll be happy to hang with my mk2 for the foreseeable future. Can get the new shiny one when I’ve mastered this one.

6 Likes

Id like a Fruit Machine type Octatrack. You know the ones with one arm you pull down. So you get random LFO results. If you get three LFO’s in a row you hit the jackpot. A perfect track. :joy:

5 Likes

They look beautiful!

I sometimes kinda wonder why more people don’t have two (or more cos why not) OTs in their setups. You know, people keep saying it’s the greatest and most powerful sampler there is but when they ”run out of tracks”, they end up buying some other sampler to go with the OT, the one beast they already know.

Yeah yeah, I get the idea of using different samplers to their individual strengths but personally I would def go with two OTs if I wanted two samplers in the same setup.

2 Likes

Amen to that! I´m a total scratch nerd and gave many crossfaders a good beating since I got into it long time ago and since I´m using my left hand on the crossfader it just feels super akward to me to using my right hand on OT fader.

1 Like

Maybe a separate CUE and AUX OUT outputs, to allow for easier external effects? While I’m being greedy, give us another 2 sets of inputs so it can remain the ultimate center of my setup and I can ditch the mixing board :smiley:

Goes without saying but some form of Overbridge, even just the ability to record each track on its own from a live session, would be fantastic. Give us the option to record dry/fx1/fx2 as well per-track? Getting greedy again…

1 Like

yep, these are bizarre times , crossfaders on the right on the force too, q-links knobs on the right of the mpcs… no way they focus group tested those decisions lol

only 2 more inputs? While we’re being greedy how about 4 more? 8 inputs. It is called the Octatrack after all.

1 Like

8 in, 8 out. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Stereo :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

8 stereo channels, 16 in, 16 out.

3 Likes

Assignable outs… can be audio or trig outs!

More inputs, more outputs, more machine types, and more complaints that it is even more difficult to use :rofl:

16 Likes

everything said here +1

50 FX that can act as Insert or Send.

2 Likes

Don’t get your hopes up.

I sold my Octatrack about 6 months ago. If there were to be an update it would have happened about 5 months ago

19 Likes

You must be the kind of guy who always choose the wrong lane (even if there’s only 1 person) when he goes to the Grocery store. I am.

1 Like