Octatrack MKII Anniversary Edition

I can understand some disappointment not getting a MK3 but it is what it is. And i still use classic film cameras because the latest doesnt mean the best. I accept limitations. It makes me more creative. But dang it looks beautiful.

11 Likes

Congrats on 10 years! Hope the OT gets a true successor someday.

12 Likes

How much of a difference does the extra recording input headroom make, though, and the extra dedicated buttons? I do often lust after a Mk2, even though I love my Mk1. The outlay to switch has never seemed quite worth it, though.

Exactly. Planned/forced obsolescence is a mugs game, and so is always chasing the new shiny.

I’m glad that there still exists a modern powerful sampler without gaudy squishy pads and a big touch screen as the main selling point.

18 Likes

why? Elektron made the guts perfect the first time, and they know it. let them just lean into it.

Missed opportunity… :slight_smile:

1 Like

God yes. The less screen menu diving the better. The feel of glass perspex leaves me numb!

2021!

Gonna score a mint OTMKII grey edition from an all black gear OCD’d gear head.

16 tracks until infinity

11 Likes

Haha. I would have you know!

1 Like

not much of a difference to me.
Not missing either

I hope firmware.

3 Likes

Did you paint it with green?

Theres a huge irony in all of this. Black trinity has returned. Its like ying and yang.

3 Likes

I’ve just reserved one at my local store (first on the list). 150$ more, though.

1 Like

I ordered from Elektron site. Why are they charging more?

New Plastikman record integrated

The mkii my bandmate had was way louder than my mki and running synths through it was much easier. I’m def upgrading to the std black once it’s available

1 Like

They only released the black version because the increased contrast makes the page LED bug less obvious.

Just kidding, this thing looks great :yum:

2 Likes

so it’s just black ?

1 Like

Okay folks heres some small lowdown. Brexit is coming with no trade deal in next month or so. Ive read from other gear head reviewers who are saying the same thing. If your ordering from Europe and are from the UK then buy now as there will be a VAT and import tarrif on all electronic goods. So if your waiting for the black one then it will be going up in cost. Just so that you know waiting for the black one is going to cost you unless it comes out very soon.

4 Likes