OctaEdit v2 is now live on IndieGoGo!

Backed ! Thanks a lot for your hard work.

1 Like

I’ll read up on it / sanity check; but I think one can do that in OctaEdit quite quickly anyway. I’ll probide instructions if so; if not, well… feature request I guess.

From a quick glance, seems all doable.

1 Like

Dear Rusty, please do code the Megabreak Split Matrix of Doom. If you can. :smile:

Seriously, I’d like to know more about the differences between the different offers (Samples, Manager…Full), in order to explain in the french AF forums what you can do or not do with different version.
A comparison table for example.

1 Like

For you? I’ll see what I can do :slight_smile:

Modules

9 Likes

Yes! Waiting for this! Great work!

1 Like

Backed and bought the full package! I’ll be sending this along to friends who also have the OT. This is too much of a wonder-project not to be fully supported by all the 'nauts in space!!! Thank you ever so much Rusty for this <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 and keep up the good work, I think indiegogo or similar is just the right way to go, even if it’s a bit niche haha :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Could you explain more about project / library / manager ?

Edit : I’d like details about what you cannot do with manager without project / library, please.

1 Like

Of course. I can summarise them a bit after work.

1 Like

Is there a way to upgrade? I backed the samples & manager without realizing there were more modules. I should have backed the full version.

Yes. In the faq section.

Sorry, at work, on phone.

1 Like

What’s your number ? :smile:

1 Like

Can I upgrade from the “Samples“, “Manager” or “Samples & Manager” versions to the full version of OctaEdit?

Yes. Available upgrade paths will be:

• Samples -> Samples and Manager
  • Manager -> Samples and Manager
  • Samples -> Full Version
  • Manager -> Full Version
  • Samples and Manager -> Full Version
4 Likes

555-OctaEdit

3 Likes

Saw this. I’ll upgrade when it’s launched. Thanks.

2 Likes

Not sure how to answer that?

The Manager Module exists for a specific piece of functionality; namely to copy “Elements” and/or Samples from a Source Set/Project to a Target Set/Project; including the ability to remap sample assignments on the fly.

Or do you want to know what can’t you do with Manager that you can only do with the Project / Library modules?

Project will allow you to Modify Project settings, copy/paste/save/load any Project Element, Create Project, Clone Project, Rename Project, Backup to Archive, Restore from Archive,

Library will give you all the copy/paste, save/load, management of all the “Elements” which is basically anything and everything you could think of in OctaEdit / the Octatrack.

But the Project and Libray modules are only in the full version as well; because they integrate so heavily with the other modules like Samples, Sequencer, Arranger, Arp Designer and LFO Designer.

Does that help?

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll check that awaken, and after work :wink: . :coffee:

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Personal conversation removed

Supported with Pre-Order, would love access to current version, but I’m also patient…

I’ll do it for french Audiofanzine, next week.

1 Like