OctaEdit v2 is now live on IndieGoGo!

Feature request : Megabreak matrix chains, as in OctaChainer 1.3.

1 Like

Will answer any questions later; got to go to work now.

1 Like

I’ve had a couple of people ask me if they can back the campaign; and get OctaEdit v1 right now.

Because IndieGoGo is “all or nothing”; then how do I handle if someone backs OctaEdit v2 now; I give them OctaEdit v1; and it doesnt reach it’s target?

I don’t get any money, they already have OctaEdit.

Best I can think is that they pay twice; and I hold it in “escrow”

Does it get funded?

No: User is not out of pocket; still has OctaEdit v1
Yes: I return the second payment, user still gets OctaEdit v2

Thats the best I can think of right now, sans caffeine…

Answers on the back of a postcard if anyone has any other ideas?

1 Like

Pretty much how I see it Rusty.

Folks just need to be patient. If the target isn’t reached then I guess you’ll have a mailing list of people you can contact and make an arrangement with if you desire or just go back to the prior selling methods.

I have no idea on the volumes of people with v1 but fingers crossed this gets attention. It’s a brilliant tool.

1 Like

Any way you could do a OctaEdit trial code that would expire at the end of the IndieGoGo?

1 Like

Backed for Sample and Manager! Thanks so much. Looks fantastic.

2 Likes

OctaEdit V1 still works with OT MK2 right now though?

Mandatory. IndieGoGo offers a “Fixed” (Must hit target) or “Flexible” (Keep whatever is raised) option.

I went with Fixed; because the question is not whether I can do the work; but the time limitations; and thus lost income.

If enough funds are raised; I can quit the day job and work on the update full time; massively expediting how quickly it is release.

If even more funds are raised; I can work on some other projects, software and hardware, and get those out sooner… :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I’ll ping you a pm on the above part.

Correct.

1 Like

Not at present as I’ve gone down the IndieGoGo for the v2 release; after that is finished, will either return to normal service (i.e. PayPal); unless I find I love the services IndieGoGo provide.

1 Like

Does OctaEdit work in real-time?

Unfortunately not. This is a limitation of the Compact Flash format; only allowing one device to access the card at any point in time; either the Octatrack or your computer.

This is a limitation of the Octatrack hardware.

Additionally, the Octatrack has a very limited MIDI implementation; and no SysEx implementation.

Whilst I could develop a Midi version of OctaEdit; it would be limited to only the standard parameters (i.e. not the Setup pages) of the current Part of the current Bank in the Project.

Over midi I would not even be able to provide 10% of the functionality that exists in OctaEdit.

3 Likes

That functionality is already in OctaEdit; and has been for ages / since forever.

Simply load up some samples and slice them in the Samples module; then jump over to the Sequencer module and prepare your settings, or load them from the Library.

Easy, peasy.

1 Like

I probably could; but maybe more hassle then it’s worth… I’d rather be spending that coding time working on the v2 update.

1 Like

All questions answered I hope… and I hope that helps / answers them.

Hi Rusty!!can you please confirm if the octaedit is fully compatible with mac ox10.6?

1 Like

Yes.

Supported Platforms?

OctaEdit is a cross platform application available on:

• OSX (10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12)
  • OSX Legacy (10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8)
  • Windows XP to 10

There is one or two minor differences in the OSX Legacy version. This is due to Apple / not having support for one two code bits in the Legacy OS’s

1 Like

Thx ,Rusty.
i’m really impress by your working !
I will buy one ,for sure.

2 Likes

Thank you for responding.

1 Like

No worries Rusty, I’m happy to wait a while longer :slight_smile:

1 Like

:sketchy: I’m not sure if we are talking about the same thing. Megabreak a very specific mode in OctaChainer, that reorder slices for the Megabreak of Doom Matrix Chains :slight_smile:

1 Like