Noob questions

Also yeah how do I activate quantized live record? Everything I record ends up being microtimed this way and that due to my playing it sloppy lol

Personalize menu

2 Likes

I am a bit confused with the configuration of the LFO, because I can not understand the difference between SPD and DEP in the setup menu and the main page.
If I understood correctly, SPD and DEP in the setup menu set the minimum value (Base) from which the SPD and DEP of the main page starts to act?

1 Like

They are exactly the same… Turn one or the other and you’ll get the same affect, move one on main page and the setup page one moves, etc…

6 Likes

thank you, in the end it was easier than I thought … haha. :wink:

2 Likes

A couple more:

Anyone got arp values in musical notation? For instance I think x8 is 16th notes and x10 is 8th note triplets (if my ears and memory both serve me), but what about the rest?

Similarly, what about mult of the lfo? X8 is 8th notes right?

And of course… Delay times?

:monkey_face:

6 Likes

Looks like that conversion is not available anymore, I’d be interested too. If someone has it somewhere I’d be grateful if it could be uploaded again.!

BTW I messed around with the midi arp yesterday, for the first time, and with my Blofeld it’s super interesting. Arp+LFO’s modulating the arp param’s that trigger Blofeld sounds that are arp’d themselves by the blo’s arp: total madness guaranteed. And I didn’t even use fx, or conditional triggers… or two tracks of arp’s on the same channel… it’s not arpeggio anymore but more like a new approach to synthesis.

Which one?
Lfo delay sheet :
OT Time Conversion Sheet Rev1.pdf (69.2 KB)

Arp values.
24 steps Quarter
18 steps Dotted
16 steps Quarter Triplet
12 steps 8th
8 steps 8th Triplet
6 steps 16th
4 steps 16th triplet
3 steps 32nd
2 steps 32nd triplet

2 Likes

Thanks! I referred indeed to this:

I uploaded the concerned sheet above.

Check this trick too! :wink:
Octatrack Tips & Tricks (OT Tips)

Yes, will do, sounds cool! I noticed you use a Micromonsta quite often, I was condsidering it because it’s currently the only affordable * hardware synth with MPE support. Do you recommend it?

*nope, I won’t buy a Deckards Dream

Definitely with OT! Small (half OT’'s width, a 2nd one would fit perfectly, poly chain), light, super simple with efficient and clever matrix assignments (much faster than BLO), and fast integration with OT midi learn, having full midi implementation. I much prefer its filters.

Staying on topic : Good for noobs! :wink:

1 Like

I get easily lost in the Blo’s matrix… :wink:

And soundwise?

I’ve got one. Is there an easy way to randomize sample locking?

When you do a “save as new” project, becuase you made changes you want to keep seperately, or you are splitting a project, "you’ll get a prompt “syncing to card”, then you dial in the new name and hit save. The new project becomes active. If you now want to load the 1st version, it’s the exact copy of the new project that will be loaded. You have to do a “reload” project to recover the original version, provided you saved it. This is why saving is important IMHO. It’s also important to know when you work with templates: if you load the template and start working on it, next time you load the template it’ll load with the changes you made, so it’s alway good practice to load your template and do a “save as new” immediately afterwards to avoid latter confusion.

1 Like

Octatrack? Random lfo on Slices is the best for multiple samples
For 2 samples you can sample lock one with 50% trig condition, followed by one with /PRE, - 23/384 microtiming.

2 Likes

Beware after save as new, there’s no save state. You can’t reload the new project.
I usually save it just after to have a reload possibility.

1 Like

Indeed. It’s quite a lot of things to understand just with this one machine. I feel like I’m getting organised throughout my whole set-up but it took me months to get it right and I’m not over with it yet. I get less and less WTF moments but I’m still headscratching a lot. The file management on the OT is clever, but can be confusing because you easily end up with “temporary states” that are highly persistent…

That’s reassuring! :smile:
You already understood a lot of things!