Noob questions

Thanks for clarifying the reason. Because i’m a piano player, i tend to record the chords live, but i’m changing this to a step-based procedure, holding each step and recording the chord instead.

Now a really noob one.

I’m starting to use the Octa’s sampling capabilities just now, so far my samples were already recorded in WAV. And i noticed i can only sample about 16 seconds. Where can i increase the sample time limit , when using the REC buttons ?

1 Like

In the project menu set dynamic recorders to yes

5 Likes

And reserve recordings to none

3 Likes

Ok, I have one!

Currently having some fun with single cycle chains… fine and dandy for basslines and low leads but I’m finding myself a bit restricted by the two octaves limitation of the OT for doing stuff in the upper register.

Here comes resampling I guess… but what would be the best workflow to reach these upper octaves? Resample long notes at high C then repitch? If I don’t enable looping and just trigger the single cycle, will OT be able to pick it up?

5 Likes

Fuck, that’s clever. :hushed:

1 Like

The dudes a fucking madman.

6 Likes

Not enough. :loopy:

4 Likes

I have a Rytm slaved to my Octa, so i make drums in Rytm and some sampled percussion in Octa. Everythiing was running synced and fine but i messed up with something on this bongo track that now it’s running out of sync… please help me to bring my groove back !

Sounds like only the 1st (lenght of a) step is repeating. If you open the AED with the sequencer running you should be able to observe what the play cursor does. Maybe you have a rogue slice looping

3 Likes

The cursor seems to play normally, without going back. It seems the sample is not ‘warping’ correclty, as it’s more faster than the track’s bpm

When in doubt I clear all the parameters :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

After 1 year you are not allowed to post in your Noob Questions topic anymore. :smile:

Out of sync : Start, Pitch / rate, wrong bpm with timestretch?

2 Likes

The ‘STRT’ parameter was wrong, probably i touch it and did not see :laughing:

Now it’s fine, thanks again, you are an Octa jedi !

1 Like

I was but since I bought master @Rusty’s OctaEdit I chose the dark side of the force. :meh:

46316_2

3 Likes

You should have seen the play cursor starting from the wrong position in the AED)

When this sort of stuff happens:

1 open the AED and observe what happens (zoom in on the problematic area if necessary
2 set screen to any view mode but "tracks"mode: all parameters will be displayed in numerical values instead or pseudo-knobs, so it’s easier to spot wrong settings when flipping through the pages

1 Like

I’ve got to stop taking selfies and posting them on the interwebs :expressionless:

Rusty_Selfie

3 Likes

Playing around with parts and need some help!

Pattern one has a one shot sample on T1 Flex machine in Part 1.

Pattern four has a one shot sample on T1 Flex machine in Part 3.

When I switch from pattern one to pattern four, the first sound is still playing. What’s the best way to get my second sound to start playing? Re-Arm T1 before switching to pattern 4?

When going out of pattern 4 back to track 1, I want my pattern 4 sound to stop playing instead of looping (which I have it set to). What’s the best way to get it to stop?

Re-arm the one shot when switching to part 4, and setting the “start silent” setting to “yes” should stop track 1 pattern 4 when switching to another pattern. (OT not near, so please correct me if I’m wrong, there so many exceptions to the rules of the OT :wink: )