New Pittsburgh Modular synth

I think that a Taiga Keys is a good idea: both for them and the constumers.

Michael stated many times that a new product would be annunced before the VL2 (That Is espected in a couple of months IIRC his last interview)

We have to be patient :slightly_smiling_face:

Taiga Keyboard Manual. As they promised.

2 Likes

Vrl 2 is to be announced at suberbooth iirc. Taiga keys seems very nice, especially with the 24 hp eurorack expansion.

3 Likes

So Snakes may be the next new thing to come out, other than perhaps the new Cre8Audio products.

Does anyone know what Snakes will be ? Sounds like it has been in development for a while. It has a bigger software part, but how that fits in – can’t tell.

Also good idea @Humanprogram to shunt off the Taiga Keys discussion to the Taiga thread.

2 Likes

That would be nice. Perhaps that is the “especially good” thing Richard is talking about. Both Cre8Audio, and Pittsburgh Modular, will be at Superbooth ( thread ) this year.

3 Likes

Anyone looking for a Voltage Lab, Patchwerks has a used one for $1300.

Straight from Modwiggler, Voltage Lab Research 2 preview image:

Some teasers are expected next week;
Official reveal will be tuesday 14th :v:t2:

Edit: Sorry for the link but it seems I can’t embed the image.
Mod edit: ![](https://img.url)

5 Likes

Nice! I wished they placed the ins and out on the side a la microvolt /mother 32. But still excited to hear from this synth again!

2 Likes

I’m especially intrigued by the 3 row - 16 steps sequencer/modulator!
Eager to know more about the architecture of this synth.

1 Like

Taiga + Sequencer ?

1 Like

I think it will be similar to that, but more west coast-y/experimental. Function generators in place of adsrs, low pass gates in place of filters, etc.
That would be my guess

1 Like

where’s Tundra :no_mouth:‍:fog:

Lots of additional detail about the VRL2 from the makers themselves on this Modwiggler thread – Voltage Research Laboratory!! Pitt Mod…

4 Likes

Looks like it should be nice… hopefully cheaper than the OG model or atleast same price but more features.

If the promo sketch is anything to go by, this looks bigger than the original, with a lot more components. I doubt it’ll be cheaper.

4 Likes

IIRC Richard said that they choose to not to cram the internal components and the various pots, so dimensions are generous: around 90 HP.

The top part certainly looks pretty close to a Taiga, but the knob arrangements are off, especially the three oscillators. I think that’s a good shout. Likely the Taiga was a major inspiration though. Looks like the function buttons on the right are identical. The sequencer sure looks pretty fun.

Looks huge… I feel like I really liked how compact it was… not a huge fan of this really… oh well…
I really think the solar 42 is a better mouse trap for me anyway.

It gigantic! (banana for scale)

24 Likes