Behringer EDGE : semi-modular percussion synth

as an additional percussion
in most cases

Don’t edit ! Keep the whole thing and post it on BC :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

aah more landfill. I mean, it’s a hot pink this time, but still landfill. Brilliant.

2 Likes

Hahaha yeah okay. I actually don’t like when it’s too obvious that it comes from a DFAM :laughing:

Besides that, some parallel processing and mixing afterwards might take it into another dimension. Don’t know if I still have those long recordings lying around in Ableton somewhere. I might :thinking::laughing:

Subjective mm? In that video I am not hearing DFAM so I’ll keep mine but I will buy a PSY Trance Barbie instead (if I can find one).

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Clone War - Behringer. Good or Bad?

It’s a funny thing about colors and peoples relationship and associations to them :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

For the 1st time this year I dared to wear a pink t-shirt (loose not tight) in public (together with black loose shorts and all black sneaks). I’ve been wanting too for some time. But as a guy, I was too afraid of the tough-guy type would yell at me or beat me up :sweat_smile: (some bad experiences in the past).
At first I got very self-aware and a little insecure. After some time I got used to it and forgot what color I was wearing. I did notice a few times people starring at me, but no tough guys did. Mainly middle-aged women, lifting their brows with that annoying arrogant, yet concerned look on their faces.
I’m turning 30 next month btw, so I’m not their primary target in terms of the search for a man anyways. So why the heck do they care? :laughing:
But yeah at first I was wondering why they looked at me like that, and then realised the color I was wearing.
Though, I did get the same look from a middle-aged women the other day, and I wore a yellow tee and everything else black. So maybe it’s my overall look :thinking:

Never really been into pink when I was a kid though. Actually found it to girly and yuck! In the ‘too intimate’ kind of way. Especially in context with glitter, pearls and all that girly-pearly stuff. Still squirms inside of me thinking about that kind of stuff. Too feminine for me.
I do also have it difficult with overly masculine stuff. Makes me feel dull, dry, heavy, bored etc.
I need balance between the contrasts :sweat_smile:

But as I grew older I’ve learned to see the beauty in pink. Depends what other colors are used in context with it imo.
Especially together with black. Then add some white and/or grey. And as a contrasting color, I find teal, turqoise or any other bluegreen color to match quite well :blush:
Now, any color fits with black, White and grey of course. But personally I find that pink, red, violet colors and bluegreen colors fits especially well :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Now the Edge is a pinkish violet color of course.
I’ve always liked violet colors. And on the Edge it’s used together with black and a slight bit of white, so I like it even more :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I won’t buy this for a few reasons, and I’m not going to bother watching the demo video, but I’m stoked for it to bring DFAM prices down because I just started GASing for that in the last few weeks.

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: Edge off-topic

Exactly

You know, the Beringer debate is becoming so, so tiresome. I kind of don’t care anymore.

People who take music very seriously will probably not buy Behringer stuff. Casual folks will. It’s a real whatever.

The Crave kind of isn’t a clone of the Mother 32. It uses different vco and filter chips, for one thing. A lot of the patch points are the same, but there are some differences too. This Edge has a few things the DFAM doesn’t. both are kind of just a complex oscillator with a sequencer. People need to stop being so precious about this stuff.

15 Likes

According to thomann it’s not around for 3 months or more … let’s all mute this thread until it is actually available ?
Otherwise it’s 3 months of ‘the usual discussion’
Bye

1 Like

yes I think it’s best that we all regularly take a step back and remind ourselves that how serious a musician you are is aligned perfectly with how much you spend on gear. It’s important that we state this lest the poor scum become too big for their boots
:tophat:
:face_with_monocle:

7 Likes

I will continue to post, when i have significant and on topic things to say, that furthers a factual discussion relative functional aspects of the Edge. I have purposely moved any posting regarding Behringer specifically to the Clone War thread. I think if others do the same and show respect of others then posting here is fine.

ADDED : There is now also a Behringer Synth Quality thread.

6 Likes

Being respectful towards others matters. :+1:

3 Likes

praise Lord Uli, he has blessed us with another weapon to wield

Longtime (mostly) lurker here logging in to say we really appreciate your serious effort contributions @Jukka

As anyone might expect, one doesn’t come here to specific gear threads to read spam on how behringer is the devil ruining the world.

I don’t have that much space left on my studio so I usually prefer to pay more and have quality gear on my table instead of wasting time and space with cheap gear.
I don’t own any Behringer or Moog equipment at the moment - mostly because I like to keep my studio as minimal as I can and Elektron really fills most of my needs.

That being said, I’m super curious about semi modular and knob per step - I’m following this topic expecting to know more about functionality and sound quality on this specific device.

4 Likes

I’ve created a thread to discuss the quality of Behringer synths. Their will be interesting discussion there.

Talking about Behringer synth quality is off topic here.

There is also a Clone War thread if that’s your topic.

UPDATED

I mean damn y’all, I was trying to say that I was OK with Edge. Like I can see the value of a cheap DFAM, with midi. The sensitivity is real

2 Likes

make no mistake, I literally don’t give a shit. It’s all gravy

1 Like