Behringer EDGE : semi-modular percussion synth

This one’s for you :wink:

1 Like

That feeling is the source of 90% of anti behringer posts

2 Likes

That logic is exactly why I am looking into an AR, the new Perkons, or a Gotharman spazedrum. Just one drum machine to end them all instead of a bunch of small pieces that add up to the same cost.

2 Likes

Same, but the envelope won’t be more snappier…unless :arrow_down:

Which makes me wonder why not get the envelope sounding snappy for the promo proto, when the guy in the promo says listen to the super tight percussion? It was not snappy was it?

1 Like

Fun fact - if you search for ‘Behringer Edge’ on Youtube, the second video is Benn Jordan’s video about how Behringer are a bunch of Edgelords…

18 Likes

I think the mistake here is thinking the DFAM is a drum machine. It’s not, not in a traditional way. It’s a percussive thing, yes, but different.

Just one drum machine to end them all

I don’t think there is such a thing. You can decide to focus on one instrument, but that’s about it.

6 Likes

Will it be allowed in the mind melting thread? :thinking:

1 Like

You’re right, it’s not a drum machine. It’s a kind of experimental synth/sequencer. And it’s fully analog. So it’s a different experience.

3 Likes

What if they chose this name to mask this video ? :thinking:

Bring me my pills, I think I get paranoïd again :crazy_face:

3 Likes

But doesn’t it rather draw attention to the video?

1 Like

However it seems only a DFAM copy on surface. in the video it sounds quite knarly and different from the DFAM. I have to admit I prefer this over the rather destructive tones from the Perkons…

Now can we go back to the Syntakt thread, please? There is nothing really interesting to see here. :grin:

6 Likes

This is making me hopeful that they will produce a version of that vocoder in M32/DFAM format that Moog did for Moogfest several years ago. I don’t own any Behringer great, but I would snap that up in a hot second.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Deluge has extreme BPM settings :facepunch:t2:

1 Like

waiting for a deep comparison EDGE vs DFAM on youtube…

behringer edgelords. still i want it. morals… hmmm

1 Like

I like the sound of it in the demo. quite different to the dfam, sounds sorta digital or somat.

It’s pretty good for basses as well :blush:

1 Like

yes… or any kind of noise mayhem :wink:

8 Likes

@acidhouseforall this = absolute rave

1 Like