Edge off-topic

For the records and to be absolulete clear
I dont like the song
Its in the same balpark of what B is doing
Again :rofl:

Oh really ? Tell that to the large number of live sound engineers using X-32s and rack fxs in small to medium events… these people aren’t masochists, and are serious about their jobs too.

3 Likes

I have recently seen a brand new Model D with 3 broken knob caps after a couple months of normal use. But generalizing is generally a wrong thing to do ^^

1 Like

I’ve had a new octatrack with dead xfader after 3 months of gentle use. Yeah, let’s not generalize.

2 Likes

made me chuckle, but yeah I agree. Lots of pros certainly use B gear regardless and not being a pro doesn’t mean someone’s not serious. There are pros out there who take their jobs much less seriously than some bedroom producers. I surprisingly don’t actually see that many complaints about B gear breaking rapidly. Seems to be more of an old stigma. Still happens though sometimes surely

you’d need to be a masochist to endure reading the B threads here - always full of disingenuous or off-topic ‘advice’ ( or delightful pronouncements on your morality and impending family peril as a ‘karma’ from living so imprudently ! ) … often from folk with absolutely no declared interest in their gear as well, it appears - even discharging critical thoughts would appear to be a form of masochism then - these topics end up with triggered people triggering others and no amount of requests to the contrary will stop this occuring, so sadly, all this (including this) will need tending to as it will only grow more untidy and harder to prune

absolutely, that would be ideal, but there are at least threads around to cater for that dialogue, so everybody has a chance to comment or browse in peace

we’ll do our best to tidy this up shortly when the steam has vented or when i get a moment

1 Like

To be fair there’s not a fat lot to talk about regarding all music gear, there’s much better information about all forms of synthesis and electronics in books. Once you spend long enough in any hobby suddenly it seems like there’s not that much to it