NAMM 2018 - News, Announcements hopes and rumours

The day before tomorrow,. You know. Now.

What´s the difference to the two previous versions? The first one had a CEM filter.

1 Like

aaah why no 24db filter :frowning:

You’re right Jefones, they probably will sell a lot of these. I edited out of my post – “They’ll probably sell a million.”

Korg announced a bunch of stuff, some outside this forum like the D1 Digital Piano, and the Konnect portable PA system. But they also announced a full sized keyboard version of their ARP Odyssey.

ADDED: A polyphonic clip on guitar tuner!!

KORG Polyphonic Guitar Tuner

I always forget korg is like one of the go to companies for guitar tuners. I wouldn’t be surprised if they made more off of those than their synths.

There is a bass version of the polyphonic tuner too.

Here something with lots of potential, imho.

There is already a thread dedicated to this:

2 Likes

Lame!!!

1 Like

May i add a few exclamation points to that too Naqualizer?

2 Likes

The Dark Energy 3 is nowhere to be seen on the Doepfer website :confused:
aaaand it has no square wave VCO…wtf?

Middle position of waveform switch for square wave on previous version (mk1 at least) might be same here.

I got the info from this German website:

One difference between its predecessor is a different circuitry. The oscillator doesn’t need to warm up to be stable. There is a broader frequenc spectrum. The LFOs have a retrigger cv Port.

3 Likes

Dat new EHX looper tho.

I don’t own any of those, here is short translation of the original statement:
One difference between its predecessor is a different circuitry. The oscillator doesn’t need to warm up to be stable. There is a broader frequenc spectrum. The LFOs have a retrigger cv Port.

If you want more infos check this link: https://www.amazona.de/namm-news-2018-doepfer-dark-energy-iii/

1 Like

This thing?

4 Likes

A DAW in a box. Electro-Harmonix stuff is always a lot of fun.

I like that they pulled some average Joe out of their financial department to do the demo.

Cool.

There’s also a Bill Ruppert demo of the same box:

Listen to the panning in this demo. This thing is awesome.

I bet EHX is setting a good price on this too.

3 Likes

550 on that looper. Tempting, but I’d have to sell my OT. So nope for now. And dang, EHX could own the looper market for the rest of time if they would put some of their gnarly FX in that loop box

3 Likes

No kidding man Id love something like this with ehx effects and maybe a built in battery too!

1 Like

I read through the manual. All loops are locked to one length. frowny face.