NAMM 2018 25.1-28.1
Let’s have a thread dedicated to the upcoming NAMM.
What’s your wishes? Any rumours? New leaks and official announcements?
I will update this list constantly!
Be aware the the prices may vary, depending where you life and where you buy. The following list is not complete. All statements without guarantee!
Feel free to post any NAMM news or links in this thread.
- Treadstone a analog monosynth only 13x12cm, 16 step sequencer, a few patchpoints, 570€!
- Vortex wireless 2 a midi controller in form of a keytar.
- Minibrute 2 (Second Oscillator, semi modular(48 patch points), Keys from Matrixbrute with aftertouch, FM exponetial and linear, Arp, Sequenzer)
- Minibrute 2S (Pad instead of Keys, Small LED, Sequenzer is different(additional values)
- Arturia showed pictures of a small Eurorack case(just a case no Arturia modules)
- VC340 (copy of Roland’s VP-330 vocoder)
- Nord Electro 6 Stagepiano with organ and synth section, everything based on samples. Three split zones possible.
Dave Smith Instruments:
- Dark Energie III a semi-modular analog synth with a different circuitry. 2 LFOs, Multmode Filter, FM via Adsr and LFO, Am
- EHX 95000 a looper
- Digitone is a FM Synthesizer combined with subtractive synthesis methods. 8 voices, 4 FM Operators with 8 different algorithms, Size and designed like the Digitakt. 4 synth tracks and 4 midi tracks, 2 LFOs per Track, multimode filter, Elektron Sequenzer with all the good stuff like parameter locks, condition triggers etc. Chorus, reverb and delay fx, Midi in/ou/through. Sterio input, sterio Output, USB, Headphones. Overbridge compatibly. A synth track can have different sound patches on different tracks.
Graphic VCO is a eurorack modul that allows you to draw waveshapes and whole wavetables. Or use waveform from the memory. Enough knobs and path points for all kinds of modulations. Beautiful GUI on a high res screen. Snapshot feature (saves all current settings). Inclusive suboscilator that can be a copy of the original custom waveform or a traditional waveform.
Resonat Equalizer is a Eurorack Equalizer with resonance, 12 Bands, a screen with another beautiful GUI. Lots of modulation possibilities. Lots of patchpoints for automations.
PROLOGUE 8 and 16 (Hybrid Synthesizer, bi-timbral, lots of sound shaping options, 49keys for the 8voice model / 61keys for the 16 voice model, Multi Engine for the digital part(for digital waveforms and FM) customisable oscillator programs(?!), 2 VCOs and 1 DCO, 1 VCF, 2EG, 1VCA, just 1 LFO)
Volca Mix a Mixer with two Mono and one sterio channel, a power distributor for three Volcas, send FX/alternativ another sterio AUX in for return fx, low/hi cut filter, sync out. Doesn’t work with battery’s, two speakers.
D1 a digital piano
ARP odyssey with full size keys in Rev. Design
SQ-1 a new version of the sq-1 step sequencer in arp odyssey design.
KR 55 a drum sample player/Rhythm machine mainly for guitar, small bands without a drummer
- SP1 Stagepiano („starter Model“), 88 keys, up to 256 voices, split and layer possibilities.
- DFAM - Drummer From Another Mother, a drum Synthesizer with 8 step sequencer.
- Sample Service
- Microvolt 3900 synthesizer modul. A analog monosynth like the 0-coast or Dreadbox Abyss. Includes a wave folder and 39 patch points. Available in April for approx. 630$
- Delta Cep A is a Synthesizer in Desktop/and Eurorack format with a swarm oscillator (8 digital copy’s of the oscillator(?!)), mult-mode Filter, 900€
Roland GP609 Digital grand piano. Seven speakers, 319 sounds and a polyphony of 384 voices! 12 Parameter to adjust the sound. Available in black and in white for 9’999€
808 and 909 as plugin with Roland’s ACB technology. Only available via cloud service.
- ELZ 1 (Digital Synthesizer, Portable, 6(!) Different synth Engines, With FM, sampling, drawing waveshapes granular and other interesting forms of synthesis. Of course subtractive, so you have multimodal filter, Eq, Rev, delay…), it’s the size of a OP-1 but the GUI is more traditional but still funky. Has a speaker. Unfortunately no sequencer. price will be under 500 USD.
- PIPE a breath and voice controlled synth/FX machine, can produce some really experimental sounds, very interesting and innovative!
- Magneto, a echo/looper for the
SL73 Studio midi controller. A smaller version of the 88key controller/Midi keyboard
Numa compact 2x, Stagepiano. Three sound sections with 88 different sounds. A synth engine based on the Studiologic Sledge. 1 GB sample memory. Can be splittend into four zones. (It’s a little bit like the Clavia Nord Electro.)
Pocket Operator “PO-33 K.O” can sample via intern mic. and play sequences of samples, inclusive 15 effects.
Pocket Operator “PO-35” a vocal synthesis machines. 8 different engines to mangle your samples. And a drum machine.
STVC is a Digital Synthesizer based on Waldorfs „streichfett“, inclusive vocoder.
Quantum, Waldorfs new flagship synthesizer. Hybrid architecture. 4 different synth engines: Classic waveforms, wavetables, granular and resonator. Analog multmode Filter plus digital filters. Wavetables can be created via sampling on the quantum. 3 OSC. 6 LFOs and 6 Envelopes generators !
Including „Nave“. Touchscreen and a clever modulation system. Price approximately > 3500€
- Montage gets a software and OS update to 2.0. It includes the software „Sample robot“, a tool to create your own samples from other instruments, which can then be played chromatically on the montage. Several modifications and bugfixes and it’s now possible to import sounds/patches from the DX7, DX7II, TX802, Tx816 and the Motif series.