NAMM 2018 - News, Announcements hopes and rumours

since that’s a ”leak”, it might be possible that some of the specs are incorrect / differ from the actual specs. But I admit 2 envs & 1 LFO does not sound like much… At the very least, there should be a mod matrix to better capitalize them if that’s the case.

But I will wait for the full details to drop in any case. The digital side is the deal-breaker here for me…

1 Like

OMG! Fantastic

1 Like

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Korg Volca Mix

You could probably just turn of the third oscillator (the digital one) and use it as a analog poly.
I have to admit I like the look/design, the fact that there are a lot of knobs(some faders for env would have been nice), and i‘m kind of interested what will be possible with this „multi engine“.
In the end the sound is what’s count.
I dislike the small screen already. Can’t imagine myself using it for modulations settings and the digital part of this synth.

But I don’t have full blown GAS, so i am very relieved :wink:

Korg announced that they will be a re-re-re-issue of the ARP Odyssey in original size, and the SQ-1 (step sequencer) in ARP odyssey rev. 3 design.

Korg announced a new drum machine.

Wow, really lame. It sounds like they are led by old guys with no vision, imagination or courage to take risks and do something that isn’t just dirt cheap volcas for the masses or weak synths.

The “new” drum machine clearly shows where they’re heading… sad.

Yeah I saw that this morning, but it’s a preset machine aimed at those looking for backing tracks I believe.

Yes it looks like something that’s more in the Gitarre area, for people who don’t want to create own patterns. I really hope that they save the best stuff for the actual NAMM…

2 Likes

No I mean ”the way the digital side is implemented will make me decide whether or not to get one”. I am hoping it will be sweet.

I’m not impressed with it’s functionality, but that’s a good looking interface

NI is launching it’s own samples service : https://sounds.com
More goodies for your DTs and OTs!

1 Like

I’m not a fan of what I’ve seen on the site- but I like that NI is going that route-seems like a good business decision.

The Korg KR-55 Pro news:

If you can’t quite read the buttons here they say things like Country1, Country2, Oldies, Jazz, Jazz3/4, Shuffle, Salsa, etc – 24 separate patterns.

This i suppose is a revamping, Korg had a KR-55 before, in 1979 – “advanced for it’s day”.

This is a collection of drum and percussion samples spiced up with built-in effects and mixed with an equalizer. You can also record an instrument to an SD card that goes over the percussion pattern.

The 24 patterns have two variations, basic, fill-in 1, fill-in 2, and ending. The chain function allows these patterns to be structured into a complete song, and played back automatically.

Info at Gearnews.

My Personal Reaction

Speaking personally i’m almost always a glass half full person, and like something about most everything – emphasis here on ALMOST ALWAYS.

Doepfer Dark Energy III

VCO:
o Triangle based, 10 octaves frequency range
o Tune control and Octave switch – 1 / 0 / +1 octave
o FM input with selectable source (ADSR / off / LFO1)
o Manual PW control and PWM with selectable source (ADSR / off / LFO2) for rectangle wave
o Waveform switch
o Additional external CV inputs for frequency and pulsewidth of the rectangle

VCF:
o 12dB Multimode VCF with continuous mode control (lowpass – notch – highpass – bandpass)
o Manual Frequency control and FM with selectable source (ADSR / off / LFO2)
o Resonance control, up to self oscillation
o Additional external CV and external audio input

VCA:
o Linear control scale
o Manual Amplitude control and AM with selectable source (ADSR / off / LFO1)
o Additional external CV input

Envelope:
o Improved ADSR type with 3-position range switch
o Additional external gate input
o Control LED

LFO:
o Two resettable LFOs (external Reset inputs)
o manual frequency control and 3-position range switches
o Waveform switches triangle/square
o LED controls

8 Likes

Didn´t you write that already yesterday? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I suppose that depends on what you mean by “yesterday”

1 Like

It’s clearly not tailored for the types of musicians on this board but I’m sure there will be a decent market for this. Drummers are probably the hardest position to fill in a guitar/bass/drums type trio.