NAMM 2018 - News, Announcements hopes and rumours

…man it’s tight. iam using the 2880 twice. I got 2 of them plus foot controller.

this thing is nearly 10 years old but kicks all the loopers on the market and EHX has ever build on that 2880 concept. the 95000 got the same structure, combined from the 45000 unit and the foot controller.

again…the 2880 records 31 minutes of audio on a 1 gb CF card. fully midi controllable via Digitakt for instance.

tempo control, panning,volume, reverse etc.
all p-lockable!!

…iam recently using the Digitakt just as a looper by pressing the sample shortcuts in time and voila if your timing is good you can just put a drum loop and use it like a clip. make sure loop is on and release on INF.
peace. waiting for the op-Z.

7 Likes

You should contact Electro-Harmonix, this product is brand new so they’re likely still in a sw development phase and would be open to suggestions.

1 Like

Birds chirping around here in Western NC…
Moog Poly.
Multiple versions/voices, possibly Poly aftertouch/MPE
Gonna be out of this world :space_invader:
(Supposedly)

1 Like

Pittsburgh Modular teasing a monosynth

4 Likes

Sonicware ELZ_1
It looks OP-1 inspired and some audio demos are up on their website

4 Likes

Is it wrong that the unveiling of this thing makes me realize I want neither this nor an OP-1.

I guess it’s sorta like a cool party and then some loser arrives and now the party doesn’t seem cool/fun anymore…

Sorry Sonicware

5 Likes

Moog Poly 2 versions. Similar to DSI/Korg for 16 or 8 voice… its trending and they havent released a damn Poly forever.

1 Like

Erica synths new drum sequencer next to a crazy8beats

7 Likes
3 Likes

JuanSOLO – Is this Korg ARP or a reformed ARP ARP, or something else? It looks like ARP ARP.

Pretty certain it’s Korg just re-coloring to match the full size keys Arp re-issue

1 Like

4 Likes

That i’ve seen the Radikal CEP something or other. Interesting

Korg certainly has been busy this NAMM!

1 Like

I‘m kind of interested what it will cost. Hopefully not near as much as a OP-1. I like the different engines presented on there homepage. Really exited to try it out. But I don’t understand why they didn’t include a Midi in and out port. They could have used the small 1/8“ ports and two midi cable adapter like the Electribe got.

1 Like

That’s a buzzkill then

I guess I never had losers crash a party, wait not true. Well kind of. Once upon a time a few people I didn’t know at all walked in to my apartment in Chicago during a house party, one of them threw up in the bathtub and then tried to flush two entire rolls of toilet paper down the toilet while another one screamed at me to play Alisha keys. This situation did not work, I didn’t have any Alicia keys and two full rolls of toilet paper won’t go down the toilet anyway. Plus nobody wants throw up in their bathtub… So I got mad and I just said something like “you totally screwed up the bathroom in less than five minutes, clean up the vomit and then LEAVE!” I took it as an insult although looking back I think they were just super drunk. I was also drunk but still somehow sharp. Anyway they cleaned it up and left and then I felt a little embarrassed yelling at them in front of 30 or so people, but it worked, they fixed it, and then people just kinda forgot about it.

6 Likes

I wanted to like this but from the demos it seems to suffer from the same small, non dynamic, closed in sound of the OP-1. Oh well

1 Like

Fair enough, I’d like to hear the filters and effects being used on this new thing. I’m not convinced either way yet but I’d be thrilled if Elektron chose to make a portable digital synth

I’ve normally been the loser that crashed and killed parties- but I’m also pretty sympathetic, so I know how it feels for them by doing it to them- and that feeling I got from them is how I feel about that OP-1 imitator.

I rewatched the demos of the imatator, and I swear- that thing is like a replica of the OP-1 without the visual or aural charm. It annoys me greatly

1 Like

We definitely need more stories like this in NAMM threads :slight_smile:

4 Likes