NAMM 2018 - News, Announcements hopes and rumours

Maybe Al Bielik will be there… :wink:

A version of this rumor has been floating for a good long while, since September at least (and if what you write is true Trutek, it really does begin with a P).

It looks like this will be a good NAMM, and am still looking Elektron’s direction for something to drop.

2 Likes

Does 8 or 16 channels mean/traslate to 8 or 16 Voices or something else?

Interpolator
The Interpolator stores patch memories of the synthesizer and allows for automatic sequential recall and crossfading between these patches.

Interpolator
The Interpolator stores patch memories of the synthesizer and allows for automatic sequential recall and crossfading between these patches.

:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

I am assuming it means 8 / 16 voice polyphony. Apparently it is also 2 part multitimbral, so you can play two presets simultaneously, and most likely you can also play the two on their own MIDI channels if sequenced externally.

8 voice analog/digital hybrid polysynth for 1500€ - not too shabby!

here’s a pic, guessing this is from the og french thread?

1 Like

I’d presume this is their first major synth product post Tats (Tatsuya Takahashi). Or perhaps he still has a toe in the work at Korg.

The picture definitely shows the influence of the Mini and Monologue. Actually this is nice looking in my opinion.

So is this all followed with the Postlogue or is it Epilogue??

Epilogue? who knows…

some more pix

Gotta say I fancy the look… Enough controls too, although I’m guessing it wont be 1 knob per function though

1 Like

I can’t wait for the Gadget version!

Definitely!

Why isn’t there 16 buttons for the sequencer like on the Monologue? Space obviously wasn’t an issue. I’m guessing it will still not have the ability to chain patterns/patches, and that is super lame imo.

1 Like

Nevermind. No sequencer apparently.

I can live with the seq as long as the digital osc designer is deep enough

WOAH!
Looks fantastic!

I read the digital oscillator has FM waveforms. I’m guessing these are simple algorithms like on the Dominion Club, but I still think that’s pretty cool. I can imagine how interesting they might sound going through those analog filters.

Good job tsutek – you scooped most of the mainline music tech sources right here on Elektronauts!
The Korg Prologue probably needs it’s own thread now.

1 Like

meh

Still only 1 lfo
wtf?
Restrictions like that is why I don’t bother buying hardware synths anymore

2 Likes

Damn. The new Radikal T synth is gonna cost a lot… The oscillator section alone costs €599. I need to stop the GAS right now.

What would the Minilogue be like with no sequencer? The single LFO on that was somewhat acceptable due to the sequencer. It seems like sound design would be kinda bland with this one.

Yes, just one LFO is a huge no go! I don’t understand why they do this. This synth is probably korg‘s new flagship in the synth area, it should have at least 2-3 LFOs! Maybe it would be too expensive, who knows…

1 Like