Multitimbral polysynth to pair with Digitakt

I’m looking for recommendations for multitimbral synths at around the $500 price range. Looking to add a multitimbral polysynth to pair with my 0-coast, Memoryman, and Digitakt to add some chords/polyphonic melodies and take advantage of some of the unused midi tracks on the Digitakt. I’ve narrowed my search to a Blofeld and DSI Tetra, but am wondering what else is out there?

Btw, I really enjoy creating my own sounds so as long as there are good modulation options and a solid foundation to work with, I’m good.

Thanks y’all!

mc101 if you don’t mind the limited sound editing.

1 Like

Look here:
https://www.elektronauts.com/search?q=polysynth%20%23the-lounge%3Aother-gear

Have you considered a Nord Lead/Rack model?

4 Likes

I hadn’t but I’ll def look into the nord rack as I’m leaning towards a desktop module to link with the keystep. Thanks for the link.

I went with the Blofeld. The modulation options on the Blofeld are quite extensive. There are limitations but it’s capable of a wide range of sounds.

2 Likes

Access Virus B perhaps? Should be able to find one in the $500 range. Has plenty of assignable lfos. It’s a darker sounding synth and many users claim it has the warmest sound of all the Access Virus line.

1 Like

Moog One B stock?

4 Likes

Behringer Deepmind 12D is a bit more than $500 new and under $500 used.

2 Likes

novation nova cheap to find just check the psu
16 voices
6 part multitrimbal
each part with independent fx
multiple outs
and a lot of modulation options

2 Likes

If you don’t mind having a keyboard, the Yamaha MX49 is a great value synth when you already have a sequencer.

1 Like

Appreciate all the suggestions! How well do these synths play with midi?

I’ve recently read that some synths like the blofeld are notorious for having clock sync and cc glitch issues.

I have had no problems note and cc sequencing my MX49 with my Digitone.

You can also record MX49 arpeggios into the Elektron sequencer and then edit them to your taste.

1 Like

the nova works very well with the midi coming from the digitakt
no cc glitches and the program changes are just insanely quick

1 Like

Wouldn’t the Digitone be kind of an obvious choice?

12 Likes

not multitimbral though ?

2 Likes

preenfm? i’ve had loads of fun with mine

2 Likes

Actually the Blofeld and DT make a nice pair. The DT remedies the LFO sync problems the Blofeld has, with the p-lockable lfo per track it can send (or 8 lfos on one track if you are game)…

My absolute favorite is however a DT and VirusTI2 snow… a little more than $500.00 maybe but one of the most versatile synths covering a vast range of sonic territory.

2 Likes

…nord lead 2…rack version…4 parts multitimbral, 20 overall voices…super tight, hell of fad bass, from cutting to creamy leads, breathtaking pads, ultra versatile, including single drum synthesis in realtime, too…under 500 bux…

3 Likes

Yamaha Reface CS.
sweet little thing.

not multitimbral…

1 Like