Multitimbral polysynth to pair with Digitakt

Never heard of it. I’ll check it out!

Strongly considering the nord lead 2 rack as well now especially if I can find one used for around 500

2 Likes

…yeah, give it a try to find one…they’re hard to find…but sometimes one is out there…
most people don’t sell it, because it’s really mindblowing and solid as a rock…timeless peace of gear…but check for xt version…that one has endless storage space for user presets…
never heard any “virtual” analog synth sounding that truu analog…while it also can bite pretty digital if u want it to…and hey, it’s swedish hardware, too…

Ah you’re right. I was tired when I replied. Was thinking polyphonic for some reason.

I definitely can’t vouch for the Blofeld being 100% stable. Have had a couple of crashes. It does sound brilliant for the price and I don’t take things too seriously…

1 Like

I had a tetra I paired with my OT for a while, but have since sold it.

Some things to keep in mind with it:

• If you run it in multitimbral mode AND multi-out mode (each mono voice is separate), voice 2 (or one of the voices) will not have any overdrive (confirmed unfixable bug from DSI)
  • Editing on it is pretty painful. If you’re find with mostly preset surfing, or taking a lot of time programming some go-to patches and knob assignments, then it might not be too bad
  • You don’t have flexible voice assignment / priority options, so you need to think of it as a 4-voice poly or 4x mono synths (cant really to multitimbral poly from what i remember)
  • That being said, I think it sounds really damn good and the size and build are hard to beat

IMO the digitone is one of / the best small size / cheap (ish) multitimbral poly synths out there today. Even if you don’t like the classic FM sounds, you can create traditional subtractive synth sounds very quickly within its sound architecture. I don’t even use the sequencer unless I am just sketching an idea away from my OT (I sequence it all over MIDI), and its still a solid choice.

6 Likes

Thanks for the in depth response! The input fx and fluid programming on the digitone are certainly attractive…not sure why I’m not gravitating towards it.

2 Likes

I’m saving for one…

Digitone is dope. It’s an extremely flexible device. Can do a wide range of sounds and the sequencer would pair very well with the Digitakt. The small footprint is nice for a small studio setup also.

4 Likes

Monomachine :cool:

2 Likes

Digitone?

2 Likes

I guess I should really consider a Digitone. Seems like it would be a great sounding pair with the Digitakt.

3 Likes

Do it. Such a productive pairing. I’ve sampled a bunch of processed drum sounds from DN to DT to keep all four tracks of DN free for its sonic craziness. Top tip: Overload the 8 voice limit (with lots of chords or use of the unison) and let the voice stealing bring some unexpected patterns :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What about this- nice 40% early bird discount: https://www.expressivee.com/discover-osmose

Ended up getting a Nord Rack 2 for $450, which I’m excited to begin using in my productions/performances. Thanks for all the suggestions!

4 Likes