MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

It’s looks exactly like a mpc live? Is that ugly? What did you expect? It is a mpc, of course it looks like one…

I wish it didn’t, I don’t like the way the force or mpc live looks… there is no saving me… I wish they made the mpc live like the mpc touch… and switched the orientation of the pads… I’ve got a bunch of mp’s including a live 2 and a one… but that keyboard is ugly in a way that only it’s mother could love it… it’s just my opinion though, I know it will be a quite capable production instrument as like you say, it is an mpc

Heck yeah I would buy that.

1 Like

If you’ve got better photos, post them please.

This representational image was said to come from an FCC paperwork filing.

Does this deserve a new thread, or a change to the title of this thread ?

New thread, definitely.

1 Like

Starscream started a new thread for the keyboard version.

1 Like

In case you want some of the plugin instruments of the MPC in your DAW: https://www.airmusictech.com/virtual-instruments.html

1 Like

Just got an email that informed me that all the MPC instruments like Hype, Solina, Tubesynth, etc., are now available as AU/VST/AAX plugins. They got a sale running too, 50% off with code MPC 50. Thought I should pass it along🙃

Edit: @rtme beat me to the punch😂

The improved GUI for the desktop VST/AU versions are a definite plus:

1 Like

Seems like Drum Synth is missing, though. :frowning:

1 Like

I noticed that too! I’m not a DAW user, but it’s still a bummer that they omitted it.

It’s also crazy to see how much they’re charging for the plugins when you can get all of them PLUS an MPC for a lot less. I know that the plugins are probably easier to use on a computer, but I still find it interesting to see them going for $100 or more a pop, when I got all of them for $600 in my MPC.

2 Likes

Well, to be fair - the current MPC and Force do NOT sell for $600 USD new - they sell for $900 (MPC One) to $1300 (Live II, Force) new currently. And current MPC users can also get them for another 50% off the sale price until April 19th, so there’s that. But I do get what you’re saying - if you wanted to buy them all in one go, you’d be in for a good amount of money. Alternatively, you can just run the MPC Software and use them in (most) any DAW anyway, but they all instantiate in the MPC Software that way, which has been a deal breaker for many.

1 Like

$900?! Snapppp
I got my MPC One used for $600 back in September or so.

Extra crazy considering the alternatives one can get for that price point. None of these plugins are attractive to me outside of being additional options as sound sources on my MPC Live.

I think there are WAY better soft synth options available for each of their use cases.

1 Like

My friend got his used MPC One for $550 early last year. But I’m talking about current new prices.

1 Like

Here’s a track of me using the MPC Live (drums/sequencing) DSI MoPho (bass) & Yamaha ReFace CS (lead).
The whole thing was done DAWless but then I exported it to fiddle with it in Ableton and record vocals. :slight_smile:
https://youtu.be/7TSTyqzyRj8

3 Likes

Your time-lapse art music videos are awesome! They always seem to compliment the songs very well. Nice work!

2 Likes

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much, Cogsy! You just made my day!!!

The MPC and the Hydrasynth is one hell of a combo! I just learned that the MPC comfortably records polyphonic aftertouch in the midi sequencer. I can play on the Hydrasynth and it records everything, not just the notes, velocity and knob movements.

You can’t tweak the polyphonic aftertouch afterwards without manually editing entries in the List Edit view, but that’s a minor issue. It’s really cool that these things just work on the MPC!

I just learned that Reason, my (then) daw of choice, does not support polyphonic aftertouch. Not that I needed more reasons to love my hardware, but it’s pretty rare that a daw is more limited than hardware. In this case, the sequencer of the MPC is more capable, and the Hydrasynth is kind of like a more capable version of Europa.

3 Likes

MPC Live 2 folks… does anyone have any good cleaning tips for when they get dusty??

(I’ve just been away for 2 weeks and left my Live 2 uncovered, I’ve come home to a layer of dust on the rubber parts… :upside_down_face:)