MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Looks legit -

http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?p=1709491#p1709491

2 Likes

That’s interesting… i watch about MPC Touch if this one is released depending the price i should jump on it

1 Like

Yes standalone touch could be cool.

1 Like

Hopefully there will also be a JJ ready to fix the OS and make it good…

5 Likes

Okay, let’s hope something is coming up the road. Could also be a prototype, which might not be supposed for production, or an image by an 3D artist :wink:

I would prefer to have more audio outputs. Four is okay but six or eight would be great. There should be a 6.35mm headphone output on the front. And TBO … I like the uncluttered MPC layout of old days very much … big dial, transport section, banks section etc. Those could be handed blind foldet … after a while. Touch screen is nice for sample or sequencer work, but no flimsy rubber buttons please. Maybe there could be follow ups for MPC 3000/4000/5000 like machines too?

Oh sweet christmas yes!

This is what I need to sell my Moog for!

• Battery powered for jamming/sampling on the road
  • works like an MPC touch when tethered to a computer
  • 2 USB host ports for connecting USB midi controllers (hopefully standalone)
  • 2 GB RAM
  • SSD supported
  • 6 assignable outputs (balanced? quickstart guide mentions TRS)
  • 7" touchscreen (like on the MPC touch huh?)

I’d imagine the workflow that marketing is trying to pull will be something along the lines of “build a beat on the road. Arrange & mix ITB. Export back into standalone for playing gigs without the computer”. Seems to obvious anyway.

Assuming Akai doesn’t abandon this one before the OS is bugfree & stable, this is looking like a champ!

Too early to know if I can sell my 4k, but my 1k is sweating a lil by now :panda:

2 Likes

JJ only does OS’es for 1k/2k5, since those are the models he worked on while working at Akai (and the internal hardware is pretty much identical between the two). I doubt he could do anything with the new ones?

1 Like

I know, I was just joking about the usual state of Akai’s OS…

2 Likes

Yep, this would be a replacement for the 1k. I hope that the sequencer will have a resolution of more then 96 ppqn. Should be at least twice as much … 192 ppqn.

Pretty sure the seq resolution will be adequate. Modern producers need their trap rolls to be on point :diddly:

With 2 gigs of RAM, I hope good round robin implementation will be onboard. Wouldn’t say no to a looper either, although this eill never replace the :elot: for me.

As for the MIDI sequencer, all I care about is that duplicating loop lenghts on the fly work well. This is the biggest shortcoming of the 1k IMO, and prevents building longer loops/sections from 1-bar loop seeds on the fly without stopping.

The price is a mystery to me. It cannot be too cheap or it will piss on the MPC touch. But too expensive and it will stay on the shelves. Hmm

2 Likes

Looks kinda tasty but it’s too late for me - already spent the $$ on the OT.

1 Like

If the box is the same dimensions as an elektron this is attractive … much bigger and it is moving beyond tidy desk/lap use for my needs.
Rechargeable internal lithium battery is great.

I’m amazed it has taken Akai so long to wake up to people wanting a standalone machine. Hopefully they are learning from JJOS feature set; with dual midi ports sequencing must be a core feature. I wonder will they have decent filters and DSP and if very big storage is an option.

Anyway Namm (January) and Music Mess (April)
We cool for Christmas everything comes after :stuck_out_tongue:

According to the quick start guide, it has a “User-expandable 2.5” SATA drive connector (SSD or HDD)”.

From the Manual: Dimensions (width x depth x height) 16.7” x 8.8” x 2.7” (424 x 224 x 69 mm)

MPC Live Manual

1 Like

Curious about this new MPC but the 2500 is still a very nice machine to me.
Used it a lot for doing breakbeats, creating loops, hip hop.

1 Like

Perfect ! I send an email at Akai Pro to know if it’s really upcoming product … let’s see what they will say in return

Thanks @Callofthevoid to let me know that rocking news

1 Like

MPC Touch price drop… for christmas. Probably a sign that MPC Live should announced at NAMM in January.

6 Likes

I’d be a total liar if I said I’m not excited by this news!
Always liked the touch but with a pc I’m not into it so much.
Now maybe finally what the world has been waiting for!

Bingo!

2 Likes

A polyphonic sampler/midi sequencer with total vst control and standalone?!?!
Im in!!!

2 Likes