MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Fantastic. Chromatic playing for samples in drum programs is killer, was really missing that after moving over from Maschine. Note probability is a great addition too. And setlists. Great update.

2 Likes

I know weā€™re all slightly biased here, but, man, nothing comes close to the MPC as a standalone platform. So good, kudos to Akai again for this.

4 Likes

Amazing news. Even more proof that the future for MPC is bright.

4 Likes

This is great!! Recent MPC live owner - seeing this drop is amazing news and good news for the platform. Iā€™m really excited-love the probability and the instrument grouping layout looks much cleaner. Happy days

3 Likes

Brilliant update,fingers crossed it can disc stream samples from the ssd or sd card like on the force.

4 Likes

Really looking forward so some of those sequencer additions - looks like another temporary boost for the MPC as we wait for the subsequent Force update - and, as always, itā€™s nice to see even the paid experts struggle with the piano roll.

Interesting to see a few keboard-oriented additions there, tooā€¦

8 Likes

Horay - probability!

3 Likes

ansome uses it https://www.instagram.com/p/CM9ut4OAY3X/

iā€™m also use it, not only for techno stuff though https://youtu.be/YBViPWknu0s

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great quality of life update, Iā€™m happy for you guysā€¦:+1:

2 Likes

Anyone think a new version of the X might be on the horizon? I was thinking about trying a modern mpc but the one is too small, the live has built in speakers which I donā€™t really want since it is just going to be in my studio, and the X is like 5 years oldā€¦ I heard there might be a keys version too, that would also work.

Havenā€™t watched yet, would love if they added wrap nudge. I do understand why it might be difficult for the MPC tho

didnā€™t mention it. Main points were note probability and a preset browser for the synths. Also you can rearrange the menu which I never use cause I have an X. Got a slide over window to make navigation a bit easier on the live. Itā€™s almost like they donā€™t want people to buy Xs. They also added a couple of new FX (tape warble thing, some granular or options). call me spoiled but everything else can already do probability so it doesnā€™t really knock my socks off. Think I was just a bit hopeful from forces super cool macros and disc streaming stuff. Maybe thereā€™s more in the bag though? What do we think?
Iā€™m just starting to think Iā€™m not the target audience a bit and I own the biggest unit in the line. I do like it for what it is, I just hate their marketing and design style

@HBIII I donā€™t think thereā€™s much reason to make an X mk2. What would it even add? The live mk2 pretty much got a speaker and thatā€™s no use on an X. they donā€™t seem to be catering to the top end and focused more on accessibility through the whole range which is a good thing too in itā€™s own way I suppose.

@NickD I had a laugh at that too. Youā€™d think theyā€™d maybe focus on making the piano roll a bit more useable. I donā€™t mean to be a downer but i feel like heā€™s trying (and failing) to make you believe youā€™re super impressed at every minor thing

youā€™re gonna LOVE THIS rearranges menu icons

I honestly thought disc streaming was certain after force got it,seems weird if it as been left out.

Great to see continued updates like this. MPC is one of the best purchases Iā€™ve made and is now way beyond what it was when originally released. Looking forward to this update.

G

1 Like

I did think the new ā€˜set listā€™ thing implies disc streaming potentially, assuming it can hop between projects and not just load for ages between each oneā€¦ weā€™ll see

3 Likes

Just have an option to stop the view scrolling if you get too close to the top while selecting, and Iā€™d be happy. Well, happier.

I thought this tooā€¦ seamless hopping between projects could suggest disc streaming.

1 Like

Fingers crossed

thats actually a pretty sick update.
the ratchet automation is nice, hope that applies to MIDI.
actually that was dumb, you can already note repeat midi dynamically :man_facepalming:t6:

probability is nice. something I wish anyone that offers probability would beā€¦, should you hear something you like, you could freeze the probability, locking it to a loop. you could copy the sequence to a new sequence and have the option to UNfreeze probability on any of the sequences with frozen prob. you could also LOCK it or PRINT it making it permanent. great way to come up with parts. not a fan of constant random. I SO love some shit probability spits outā€¦then its gone.
kind of a turning vibe, but being able to SAVE a sequence that just passed.

16 STEPS going beyond just 16 steps is GREAT!

6 Likes

The MPC series does already do retrospective recording, I forget the shortcut for it. Wonder if it will function for probability notes played by the mpc. I think thatā€™s part of the reason Iā€™m not super pumped yet, I tend to run other sequencers into the MPC to do the weird stuff and be able to replicate it and add stuff. If they donā€™t do it by default at least we know it will be possible with midi loop back pretty easily