MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Are you sure Akai will present it at Superbooth? My guess would be that they show it at NAMM

I’m not sure, that’s why I said ‘I think I might’, fingers crossed.

4 Likes

OT users will be happy.

Just kidding about that but from the little I heard from the beta, which I won’t repeat, the update will be quite something…

4 Likes

Hehe, lets hope that there will be the MPC Keys.

Please keep us updated what you see at the Akai booth!

2 Likes

I super hope it’s not just a bunch more plugins I’d love to see something interesting, I’m currently considering switching from an X to a force or downgrading to a one to use mostly in controller mode. Not sure if that’s crazy stupid of me

No MPC Keys… quite an underwhelming Superbooth presence for Akai tbh.

Just a guy with an MPC X who got really defensive and offended when I mentioned the MPC Keys… ‘I don’t know what you’re talking about…are you from the press?!’

Ah well. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

well at the very least my resale value is safe from an X 2. You should have showed him the leaked Scott storch photo and the leaked diagrams

no scheduled announcements or is it just a guy with a demo MPC X like you can see at any music store? Makes me wonder why they’d even make a presence. Maybe something coming later or tomorrow or am I being hopeful? Do people usually announce things first day

Disappointing news… My guess is that they will announce it at NAMM with a broader American audience and where more of the classic MPC clientele is watching.

I was at Superbooth 2019 and still remember the Akai booth as a bit small.

See how offensive he gets when you ask him about a bug fix + quality of life firmware update! Tell him it’s badly needed. :blush:

4 Likes

This is about the size of it. It seems like a token gesture presence.

They are pretty close to Elektron too, who have a bunch of Syntakts alongside some Digitones and Digitakts. They were cool, seemed genuinely open to feedback on the Syntakt too.

1 Like

I’m sure they’ll put a better show on for NAMM.

It’s funny they have an M-Audio controller instead of one of theirs. I guess it’s because MPC beats are packaged with M-Audio controllers.

InMusic, the parent company of Akai, also owns M-Audio. They are keeping it in the family.

2 Likes

Sooo, I’m getting more and more into finger drumming. Is there a way to reduce the noise the pedonale when hit?

I’m not sure if I understand the question correctly, but I find the physical noise of the MPC is significantly reduced when it’s sitting on a solid, flat surface, and I typically put a dense rubber mat under it when finger drumming.

Onstage, what with the din of the venue and the overall volume of the show, obviously it doesn’t matter so much; but banging away on the pads in the wee hours, ya… I always feel like my neighbours must be able to hear me. :wink:

Cheers!

2 Likes

Ok, I’ve had this thing 3 days and I still can’t get over how impressive the Odyssey is. I keep intending to do other things but as soon as the Odyssey gets involved it all goes out of the window.

3 Likes

It is a really nice synth. I ended up really liking Hype, despite its limitations, but Odyssey is a close second.

1 Like

Does anyone use their MPC primarily for techno? Any links to good videos etc that have the MPC at the centre of a set up?

Boom-bap/hip-hop etc seems to be the norm when looking at videos etc, just wondering whether there were people out there using it for techno-sure they are, so any links and tips would be appreciated!!

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mpc+techno