Model:Cycles

We’re delighted to introduce Model:Cycles, the six track FM based groovebox that brings exploring into the heart of sound sculpting.

With six unique Machines in one lightweight unit, you can effortlessly mold rhythm and melody across the digital spectrum using instant, tactile controls. Scale angles dense and jagged, glide over plains vast and fluid, or sink into mists of dissonance.

Define the formless

The six Machines of the digital FM engine are exclusive to Model:Cycles, covering both percussive and melodic synths, allowing you to make full, varied compositions. The four core Synth Controls put the tools of sound sculpting right in front of you, altering the behavior of each Machine differently and letting you push them to the limit. Every sound has a start, where will you take it?

Dedicated × 12

Dedicated knobs let you twist each Machine far and wide with wild, unexpected results waiting to be discovered. Use Control All to heave a parameter to the extreme and back again across every track. Elektron’s powerful sequencer gives you the freedom to record live or program the sounds and parameters of your composition one step at a time.

Light weight, heavy sound

Whether you use it as a versatile live instrument or groovebox on the go to pick up and craft full-blown compositions away from your studio, exploration has rarely felt so convenient and unimpeded.

With six unique Machines in one lightweight unit, you can effortlessly mold rhythm and melody across the digital spectrum using instant, tactile controls. Scale angles dense and jagged, glide over plains vast and fluid, or sink into mists of dissonance.

The Machines

Model:Cycles continues our deep affection for FM synthesis. Six different Machines: Kick, Snare, Metal, Perc, Tone, and Chord, come together to give us a sound engine rich in the DNA of Elektron greatness, but reimagined in its own distinctive way.

The Synth Controls

Each Machine is a unique mapping of the engine, and can be explored using four core synth controls – Color, Shape, Sweep, and Contour. Turning one of these knobs changes several, under-the-hood, parameters at once, allowing the machines to be tweaked both effortlessly and immensely.

Model:Cycles specifications

Synth voice features

• 6 × FM-based Machines

• 1 × Assignable LFO per track

• 1 × Assignable velocity modulation per track

• Storage space for up to 60,000 presets

Sequencer

• 6 × Audio tracks (all of which may be used as MIDI tracks as well)

• Elektron sequencer with up to 64 steps

• Unique length and scale settings per track

• Parameter locks

• Micro timing

• Trig conditions

• Assignable retrig

• Real-time or grid recording of notes and parameters

• 96 × Projects

• 96 × Patterns per Project

Send & master effects

• Delay and reverb send FX

Hardware

• 6 × Velocity sensitive pads

• Class compliant USB audio 2.0

• 1 × 1/4” stereo headphone jack

• 2 × 1/4” impedance balanced audio out jacks

• 1 × Hi-speed USB 2.0 Micro B port

• 3.5 mm dual polarity TRS MIDI In, Out/Thru jacks

• 128 × 64 pixel LCD screen

• 48 kHz, 24-bit D/A converters

• Hi-speed USB 2.0 Micro B port

• Power inlet: Center positive 3.5 × 1.35 mm barrel jack, 5 V DC, 1 A

Included in the box

• Power Supply PSU-4

• Micro USB Cable USB-2

• 2 × MIDI adapter (5-pin DIN to 3.5mm TRS minijack)

Dimensions

• W 270 × D 180 × H 39 mm (10.7” × 7.1” × 1.6”) (including knobs and feet)

• Weight: approximately 0.80 kg (1.8 lbs)

Pricing & availability

Model:Cycles is now available to purchase from the Elektron website or from retailers carrying the Elektron range of products. Pricing is 299 USD.

See the Model:Cycles launch video on YouTube.

Listen to sound examples from Model:Cycles on SoundCloud.

Come see Model:Cycles at Elektron Studios Berlin. Keep an eye out for upcoming events.

More info at Elektron.se

37 Likes

my compliments!

Want must have!

2 Likes

Cute, but I don’t think it needed a week of teasers :pensive:

25 Likes

That’ll do just nicely !! This cutey is def gonna be my first launch :3lektron:

Well done everyone involved - the presentation material is quality too

5 Likes

Sounds so good.from the demos. Totally adding one to the collection. Well done all involved!

:stuck_out_tongue: :yum:

Well done! While the machine looks fun, but I’m kinda relieved that you didn’t release something that I really wanted (plus, if I would end up really starting to want it, it won’t set me back that much). I look forward to hear what people can do with this, but in the meantime, I’ll just go back to my ARmkII+A4mkII+OTmkII trio.

4 Likes

Congratulations on a great device!!

Congrats - looks FUN as hell. I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the Model:Samples, it’s a great device. This Cycles looks to be a continuation of that spirit.

3 Likes

Yeah, I think this was a little bit too hyped up. If they would have re-released the Machinedrum or Monomachine, that would have warranted some over the top hype :slight_smile:

12 Likes

This is basically a mini Monomachine imo.

I want one.

14 Likes

Whats the difference between this and the Model Samples? Cant you just upload wav files of your favourite fm synths to the samples(as in 6 samples at once as in a kit) and do everything that this new thing does? Just curious.

2 Likes

Whoa, dealer’s got one already.

Will. Not. Go. There. To. Try. It. Out. Must. Resist.

4 Likes

No, samples are static. They won’t sound as dynamic.

4 Likes

Can order direct from elektron.se too… My finger shakes over the mouse button…

2 Likes

I wonder how this one works compared to the Digitone, since it’s obviously a dumbed down Digitone, just like the Model:Samples being a dumbed down Digitakt.

Or are the tracks strictly defined to each specific sound as described. What about the total number of voices?
Is it one voice per track, with exception of the Chord track?

PS. Haven’t checked out the video yet (can’t watch it yet)… but just wondering.

4 Likes

Absolutely loving the quality and variety of sounds in the SoundCloud demo clips. Very impressive! I think these SC demos alone have sold me on this model:cycles. Whoever is behind the demos… :astonished: :1st_place_medal: :beers:

2 Likes

elektron.se only has 'em in SEK prices (at least that’s all I see). which is $80 more than the listed price in USD. don’t see any listed from US vendors yet.

THE POWER HANDLE IT EXISTS!!!

Yes, this is a complete sentence.

10 Likes