MegaCommand // MiniCommand Resurrection // MCLive

No compile?.. nice one. Already been reading through the 2.5 manual. Also did a bit of digging through the github issues discussions, some of which clarify earlier questions. Especially stoked to discover Elvis among the MD firmware patch deep diving, along with possibility of scenes. Respect to both you Justin and @v-yadli.

Thank you @JustinValer and @v-yadli

holy shit this looks amazing! a project for the new year.

great work!

MegaCommand Live 2.50 Released! :rocket:

Click the link below to download the firmware and follow the upload instructions.

The MCL button mappings have changed, be sure to read the included user manual.

8 Likes

Dear @JustinValer @v-yadli,

You really took it to the next level!
the update is smooth, and all looks great.

Thank you for your hard work and your attitude.

1 Like

Yes, this indeed looks like next level. Thank you guys.

Now if only I could use MIDI capabilities via USB port too - that’d be fun-tastic! Yet to dig into that one myself due to constant lack of time.

p.s. oh wait: maybe it’s possible to just put TM-1 in the “loop”?.. Away from HW ATM, can’t try.

MegaCommand Live 2.51 Released! :rocket:

Click the link below to download the firmware and follow the upload instructions.

This is a bug fix release. Addressing issues with chromatic/poly mode and firmware stability.

6 Likes

Thx Justin and yatli. Great work!! 2.51 is doing fine.

1 Like

Finally decided to take the plunge and build my own MClive. My bom is ready but i was wondering if there were some spare pcb available to buy?
if not, are there people interested in buying some if i plan to order a few at pcbway?

1 Like

What the price will be for PCB this way? I might be interested in a spare, besides I may need MIDI/Turbo-MIDI processor/mangler…

it will be 5€/pcb + shipping (from France).
the price of the pcb is at cost, i ordered them yesterday at allpcb. I hope the quality will be there.

3 Likes

Nice work Justin,

Is the expansion port enabled? Or are both i2c buses in use currently?

Cheers. Some discussion and details on the expansion ports can be found here:

3 Likes

A stupid question:
what, except code modification, would be required for MCL to speak CV from MIDI input? I mean hardware-wise (daughter board, or … ?) and I do not mean 1V/Oct, my interest would be only timing information for the moment (trigs/gates/pulse). IOW: is there a way electrically to, say, send divided/multiplied “clock” data etc to Eurorack?

1 Like

If you want to sync to MIDI clock you need to create a class that inherits the ClockCallBack class.

class CVSeq : public ClockCallback {

bool toggle = true;

void setup() {
        MidiClock.addOn16Callback(this, (midi_clock_callback_ptr_t)&CVSeq::on_16_callback);
        /*MidiClock.addOn96Callback(this, (midi_clock_callback_ptr_t)&CVSeq::on_96_callback); */

pinMode(SOME_EXPANSION_PIN, OUTPUT);
    }
    //Will trigger on 16th notes
    void on_16_callback() {
        //Code to manipulate expansion ports.
        if (toggle) { digitalWrite(SOME_EXPANSION_PIN, HIGH); toggle = false; }
        else { digitalWrite(SOME_EXPANSION_PIN, LOW); toggle = true; } 

}
    /*
   //Will trigger on Midi CLOCK message.
    void on_96_callback() {
       //Code to manipulate expansion ports.
       if (toggle) { digitalWrite(SOME_EXPANSION_PIN, HIGH); toggle = false; }
       else { digitalWrite(SOME_EXPANSION_PIN, LOW); toggle = true; }
   }
  */
};

Electrically you’d probably just need to boost the signal coming off the expansion pin. from 5V -> 10V using an opamp. You would do all your timing divisions in software as indicated above.

2 Likes

MegaCommand Live 2.60 released!! :rocket:

MCL version 2.60 requires that you upgrade your Machinedrum OS to version 1.70.

Changes:

• The Trigger Interface is now supported natively, removing all limitations associated with the original implementation.
  • MCL no longer needs to auto-save the current kit.
  • Track selection is synchronised with the MD.
  • Parameter locks on step page, using MD encoders.
  • Mixer Page -> CTRL MD parameters across selected tracks.
8 Likes

If you still have an extra PCB, I’ll take one. I’ve grown impatient.
If anyone is thinking of ordering from PCBWay, don’t right now.
Its been 2 months delay due to Corona Virus.

PM me for details and payment if you still have 1 available.

If there’s another one I’ll take it.
If possible drop me a msj

Thanks

I bet that, given the renewed attention for MCL, you can t go wrong with ordering extra pcb s. Pretty sure there will be demand for it.

I ordered 10 because I figured others would want.
They’ll get here…someday…

The killer is that they’ve been fabricated over 3 weeks ago and it’s been sitting in “packaging” since.

2 Likes