Analog Four/Keys 1.40 & Analog Rytm 1.50

I use both the FX track and CV track to send MIDI notes to VSTs, that way I don’t have to mess with the internal voice tracks at all.

Both tracks send up to 4 note chords, note length, velocity, probability.
Sure sequencing CC#s would be nice but for me, I can do that in my DAW.
It’s the notes on probability that I value the most.

1 Like

probability?what is it about?
if you use sequencer to vst or some out side sound,why not try octa,8
midi track!

Check out the free manual for the deeper details, but basically each step can have a % probability if it will actually fire. It’s nice for livening up static sequences. Can use it for fills and other things as well.

AK has the 37 key keyboard, A4 has the mini keyboard. I like both more than the 16 step keys on Octa.
To each their own.

1 Like

So with the A4 is there 4 synth tracks AND 4 midi tracks? Or just 4 tracks to split between synth and midi?

There are no separate MIDI tracks, but each of the 4 analog tracks can send MIDI notes.

Additionally you can use the CV and the FX tracks for sending MIDI notes, too.

3 Likes

Honestly when You feel that You really need to externally sequence :elmd: - IMO the best way is to get MegaCommand Live - it will give You more.

Possibly MIDI from AR could then be reserved to control ext. effects well, no CC over MIDI (yet?), or layer moar oscillators up top, I guess.

Yes, I use the fx track which is great because I don’t lose any internal or cv tracks. The A4 feels complete now.

4 Likes

Would it be possible to send midi from an App such as Patterning to create beats (only midi part) and send info to the Rytm (for sounds)?

It Should be possible I do it with ableton

1 Like

I know you can somehow export your patterns into Ableton and that’s a great feature.
I would love do the same for the Rytm, I’m considering get one soon, on the other hand i don’t know if it would handle well polyrhythm patterns from Patterning?

The Rytm does its own polyrhythms and nice sequencer tricks
like different track lengths scale speed and conditional trigs…

1 Like

Yes. Doable and awesome.

The Rytms sequencer is as capable as Patternings but is irrelevant to whether it can handle it or not as the Rytm is merely responding to Patternings sequencer.

1 Like

Do you think I can export Patterning patterns into the Rytm ? like with Ableton

importing midi to the AR is not possible (unfortunately). You can try to live record the pattern. Haven’t tried it yet myself (Yet…might check it tonight)

Slave the AR to Patterning. Begin live record on AR. Hit stop on Patterning. Play the Patterning pattern. The AR still should be in live record and now recording the midi signal. This works with the OT.

Great idea ! I will sure give it a try soon. I guess I will need apply velocity manually and set each pattern length on the Rytm.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pattern length, yes. Vel, unsure.

1 Like

Is it safe to upgrade from MK1 analogs 1.3? are there known bugs in OS 1.50A? thanx!!

Is it still a known issue with the Analog Four (Mk2 in my case) that reload pattern doesn’t work?

Or doesn’t it work like on the Digitakt, that you can make live performances changes and then instantly undo them with reload pattern function?

I just find it strange, since when I select save pattern I get a confirmation on the screen, but when I select Reload pattern, the menu just dissapears without any confirmation. Nothing happens.

1 Like

Thanks Jeronan, I guess I’ll wait upgrading the Mk1s (I’ve been waiting so much for individual track tempo multipliers…). Anyway on A4 Mk2 i’ve upgraded and enjoying the new features :slight_smile:

I don’t use that function much, but A4 is different to digitakt…
it can reload kit, pattern and sound separately…
Digitakt just reloads everything I’m pretty sure