Machinedrum SPS1-UW X.04 Released [ Unofficial ]

If MnM and MD got conditionals and scale/track the 2nd hand market would probably go(even more) nuts.

5 Likes

as much as i’d love to see that happen, i’m not sure how it could even work as every knob on every page already has a function!

1 Like

Key combos dude.

4 Likes

I’ve been having my right master out go low volume for me for a while now, was mucking around again today same problem, found this thread and updated the O/S to 1.70, problem gone. Not sure what’s going on, looking forward to the TRX mk2 release. thanks guys

1 Like

waw this is amazing

One of the dev’s is the very same person who evolved the Ruin & Wisen MiniCommand into the MegaCommand with MCL firmware, which is an open source (physical) box of sysex/midi tricks which gives the Machinedrum all that you ask already, as well as patch saving, chromatic playing, additional LFO, polyphonic modes, wav designer, and a very cool tracker crossed with Ableton style of sequencer for patterns where individual tracks can be switched out etc. This hardware was the driver to create this MD 1.7 update so the two devices would more closely synchronise.

6 Likes

yep I know but you need an external box to do all this things, is like having a midi controller for playing the MD, I could do it as well if I sequence the MD with my OT so for me the cool thing about this would be using the MD interface

and repeat, I would even pay for this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure I get what you are saying. No doubt we would all be stunned into worship + tithe if such deep changes could be made to the original MD OS… but here and now, the MegaCommand through some clever trickery actually uses the Machinedrum interface to control many things, so its halfway to what your asking.

1 Like

Where can I buy a Megacommand?

1 Like

Sorry for possibly shitting this thread up with a basic beginner’s question that’s not even directly related to the op (then why even make this post dude, geeeez!)

I’m trying to figure out what it would take to build a megacommand but I’m pretty sure I’m missing some stuff. So here’s where I’m at now; buy a arduino mega2560, get a pcb printed per the specs on the github page, do some soldering and load the megacommand firmware onto the device. Spend a couple of weeks troubleshooting and finally put it in its enclosure.
Is this what it would basically take?

After starting some diy eurorack builds at the beginning of this year I’ve acquired a taste for diy (and burning flux) and have been considering building a arduino based midi controller but haven’t the knowledge to design anything that I would be likely to actually end up using and most of the existing designs that I’ve stumbled on so far wouldn’t really add any functionality to my current setup.

Any guidance or info is greatly appreciated.

Pretty much, minus the couple of weeks troubleshooting.

3 Likes

Thank you. Yeah, it was more of a jab at my own incompetence rather than trying to insinuate any bad coding or design.

1 Like

You can PM Justin and ask him if he has some pre built unit for you.

Had some fun with OS 1.71 + MCL 2.60:

• A sandy TRX-S2 snare drum
  • Polyphonic userwaves on channel 1-4
  • Routing channel 1-4 to OUTPUT E, loopback to input GA on channel 7
  • MCL LFO on channel 7 FLTW
  • A few melodic machines
  • Userwave + MCL Arpeggiator on channel 6
  • MCL conditional trigs everywhere
45 Likes

Love the new snare, need to download and install asap

1 Like

Muckin fagic

3 Likes

Awesome performance :ok_hand:

1 Like

Is 1.71 released ?

Machinedrum_SPS1-UW_OS1.71 released.

A hidden machine, TRX-S2, is now available. The machine can be accessed
in the TRX category, below TRX-B2.

Machinedrum_SPS1-UW_OS1.71.zip

See the included Changelog for full details.

Also:

MCL 2.61 released.

21 Likes

A new challenger appears…

@sezare56 You can do the photo shopping :wink:

3 Likes