Companions for the machinedrum mk1

That is not true. Mine is on its way back from repair right now.

1 Like

I believe they are not repairing mk1 units any more due to lack of parts. It may depend on the fault though as perhaps eg the pots have not changed and they can still fix. I damaged a couple of pots on my mk2 and it was repaired by Elektron for a reasonable price.

1 Like

Sorry, I did mean mk1 MD’s.

Thanks.
I’ll get in touch with Elektron and see what they can do.

1 Like

To find a good fair price for Octatrack, look at Reverb.com. There is information that will show you the most recent sale prices for that unit and you can get an idea at what you should pay.

Depends on where you live.
In France, you can find an MKI around 650-700€ on Audiofanzine. On Reverb, it’s around 100-150€ more…plus expensive shipping cost.

Most of products are more expensive on Reverb, sometimes more expensive than a new product! :meh:

1 Like

For some reason they don’t have sales history for all gear in the Price Guide section, e.g. you can’t find OTmk2 there. But there is a price guide for OTmk1.

1 Like

yeah right - I know they’re eaten by mice

1 Like

Ive partnered mine up with a dog, Korg Minilogue, A4, PO33 (for quick samples) and SE02. I put them in preference order.

Sorry, off topic but I’m also missing knobs here, I feel ya

2 Likes

I have definitely decided to go with the A4 Mk2 and the Octatrack. But, I have been offered a very affordable 0% finance deal over 24 months which would enable me to purchase all 3. Is it a waste of money having the AR mk2 and my old machinedrum mk1?

No.
It’s definitly not a waste.
You can make out of the machinedrum sounds you could not do with the rytm.
And if you ever tend to shelf the machinedrum, do it for about a decade, in a dry and temperature stable store - they will increase in price like stupid.

1 Like

I think Octatrack is a really good companion.
It can be used as a synth.
I really love to use My MD to ressample sounds as chords.
(FM machines can also be tuned in key so you can use md as a synth or poly synth)
The best companion to MD and Octatrack is a midi processor, to transform notes to Pitchs CC’s, to play chormatic comb filter on the octatrack and other stuff like this.

2 Likes

No it’s not at all. It’s a superb dual combo.
As you know the MD sample manager is a bit old, you have to use a computer to transfer samples from the PC with C6 etc (…)
But : With an analog rytm at his side, you can :
Sample sounds in the rytm MKII and directly send them via a midi cable (sysex) to the machinedrum.
No need Of PC anymore…
Pretty nice in my opinion.

1 Like

Thanks everyone!
I wish I started to read this forum 10 years ago. Oh well, better late than never. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Virus c and MD is a great combo. Used that for a lot of years. Just a lot menu diving on the virus unless you use a PC to program it.

1 Like

I don’t mind the menu diving too much. At least it still has a ton of control with 32 knobs.

It started maybe 6.5 years ago, after the end of this forum :
http://www.elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=234780&catid=13

More things to read!

2 Likes

I started with the rack XL that was a horrid amount of button presses. It was cheap though :grin:

1 Like

Thanks

For UW version, I’d go 1st for MCLive + VCVRack, and then for A4/AK… which I actually did.

Non-UW, iDunno © - You’ll want some sampler; maybe 3rd would be an Octatrack?..