Micromonsta 2

This is what I am considering doing. Thank you for sharing your experience. I’m looking for an analogue or VA poly of some kind and would like something with lots of modulation and a small footprint. I like that it will be bi-timbral.

3 Likes

MM1 was already really good for that, with its modulation matrix.
Audiothingies said they improved it…

I had a Blofeld before MM1, no regrets.

1 Like

I’m gassing for a typhon right now but I’ve already got 3 monos. Thinking of ditching the TB-03. Just bought the Sirin, it’s got a great sound but I like the idea of built in fx and way more modulation, especially lfo modulating the waveforms.

2 Likes

Yes I think that you made me gassing too for this! I have enough money for MM2, reserved for that since a few weeks! Hard to resist with the additional delay !
I also bought a Pulse 2 recently, I’ll push its limits before really considering a Typhon.

I also have A4 with a CV controlled Xox Heath.
Too much gear. I’m sure MM2 will be really versatile, and as I want a movable compact setup, probably divided in 2 stands, it’s a no brainer.

2 Likes

Black Corporation won’t suffice?

Yeah, I’ve been close to getting the XD module a few times, but I think I’d prefer a few more voices. Considered getting the Rev2 as well, but it’s maybe a bit more than I want to spend right meow. I love the DN, but sometimes I just want to dial in a subtractive style pad. I also don’t have very much space, so the compactness of the MM2 is really appealing.

1 Like

“I hope next week” said Audiothingies…

1 Like

So I should stop checking the website twice a day?

4 Likes

lol no because then I’d look like more of an idiot for continuing to do it

3 Likes

That’s what I did too. Break till next monday!

4 Likes

It’s Monday in France now right!

1 Like

Still Sunday in this part! :wink:

2 Likes

Certes ! Still sunday in many European countries btw.
11h34 PM!

I’ll check tomorrow morning, but not 100% it will be on this Monday, or on a Monday anyway! I could resist and still have money for it! :content:

2 Likes

:thinking: I’ll check at 00.00 AM!

1 Like

Oops. Jumped the gun a bit. LoL.

1 Like

Here it is !!!

11 Likes

https://www.audiothingies.com/product/micromonsta2/
Full info and order form.
Only a monotimbral demo so far, but I ordered anyway.

I do have a temptation to switch my access virus for this, it’s so small and so powerful…

Ordered!

That’s exactly what I did! (Virus TI Desktop)
Too big, too heavy, not fan of filter, bad ergonomy. I would have been more interested in a Virus Snow, despite the look.

2 MM2 = OT width
Multitimbral 4 parts, 24 voices.

2 Likes

I am not really convinced yet. Can the two timbres actually be addressed with two separate MIDI channels? In the video it looks more like they run on the same channel and you can only crossfade between the timbres. Besides, I didn’t expect any pots at this point. Does the filter pot always apply to both timbres or separately? Will there be parameter jumps when switching between the two timbres?