Micromonsta 2

It’s Monday in France now right!

1 Like

Still Sunday in this part! :wink:

2 Likes

Certes ! Still sunday in many European countries btw.
11h34 PM!

I’ll check tomorrow morning, but not 100% it will be on this Monday, or on a Monday anyway! I could resist and still have money for it! :content:

2 Likes

:thinking: I’ll check at 00.00 AM!

1 Like

Oops. Jumped the gun a bit. LoL.

1 Like

Here it is !!!

11 Likes

https://www.audiothingies.com/product/micromonsta2/
Full info and order form.
Only a monotimbral demo so far, but I ordered anyway.

I do have a temptation to switch my access virus for this, it’s so small and so powerful…

Ordered!

That’s exactly what I did! (Virus TI Desktop)
Too big, too heavy, not fan of filter, bad ergonomy. I would have been more interested in a Virus Snow, despite the look.

2 MM2 = OT width
Multitimbral 4 parts, 24 voices.

2 Likes

I am not really convinced yet. Can the two timbres actually be addressed with two separate MIDI channels? In the video it looks more like they run on the same channel and you can only crossfade between the timbres. Besides, I didn’t expect any pots at this point. Does the filter pot always apply to both timbres or separately? Will there be parameter jumps when switching between the two timbres?

Dammit, that’s NOT helping :rofl:
I’d save a bunch of money on that switch too…

OOF its so cheap!! This is not how GAS is supposed to work. It’s supposed to be out of reach! ohhh agony. Must…resist…

3 Likes

Man, that demo sounds legit.

Ordered… I’m so weak.

3 Likes

Woohoo.

The demo demos only monotimbral mode, no split or layering there.

1 Like

I missed the fact that there are side, angle and rear photos in the gallery - so slim!

12 Likes

Difficult not to order! Holding strong here, follow the plan Tony… follow the plan! :crazy_face:

4 Likes

damn, that’s sexy.
the only thing I absolutely hate is that secondary orange font. ugh.
I’ve been an Audiothingies’ P6 user for many years (although I have barely used it since I got a Virus and a MicroFreak), but this really makes me interested in upgrading.
Seems like an amazing Digitakt companion (I really wish there was independent outputs for each part but oh well…)

Pretty sure they can, it’s the whole point of multi-timbral imho.

haven’t read the manual, but this seems more like a Macro (hence the M on the knob…? assuming here), which is a great addition, if that’s the case.

I wondered this myself… I’m hoping it will have some sort of pickup mode, otherwise these would be pretty much useless.

btw, there’s no manual around yet, right?

Elektrosamplist said on Audiofanzine that he’ll try to post the manual tonight (after reading through it once more).

3 Likes