MDEdit is a cross-platform OSX/Windows software Editor, Librarian and VST/AU plugin for the Elektron Machinedrum SPS-1
- Standalone: MDEdit communicates over Midi with your Machinedrum as a standalone application
- VST/AU plugin
MDEdit contains nine (9) modules:
- Sequencer: Core Sequencer module.
- Samples: Sample management module for UW users.
- Song: Module for Song management etc.
- Global: Manage all aspects of Global configurations.
- Options: Dedicated module to control all options available.
- Support: Support module.
- Audio Finder: Dedicated Audio Finder / browser with some nifty tricks.
- Library: Essentially a preset manager on steroids. Save virtually anything, and reuse anywhere.
- Analytics: To assist with building and understanding the Chain being modified.
Main Modules / Sub-Modules
- Main Modules: Sequencer, Samples, Song, Global, Options and Support are displayed in the main window.
- Sub Modules: Audio Finder, Library and Analytics are sub-modules displayed as either a dock able side panel; or as pop-out
Full access to every single element of the Machinedrum; MDEdit provides access to, and ability to modify everything within the Machinedrum.
Sequencer module exposing every element of the Machinedrum including flexible Trig Editor, Settings Editor and Step Editor; as well as powerful Actions and Step Actions forms with a wealth of functionality.
Song module for editing Machinedrum Songs.
A fully featured Audio Finder module with full integration and drag/drop functionality with the Samples module.
Library to store presets of virtually any aspect of the Machinedrum, from Global settings to Machine configurations to Patterns which can be used in any Kit/Pattern/Song/Global and shared with other users.
A powerful Analytics module to provide detailed information.
Options and Support modules.
More news soon… feel free to ask any questions etc.
Caveat: Subject to change(s)
Supported OS? OSX / Windows. All flavours so far.
Supported Machinedrum OS? All development / core testing has been performed on the latest OSv1.63
All development / core testing has been performed with a MkII UW+ as that is what I own.
MDEdit should support all Machinedrum versions, with the obvious limitations about what is / is not possible on the older MkI’s (e.g. only 32 steps) or not possible on the non-UW models (i.e. Ram/Rom machines / samples)
Release date TBD. ETA Q4.
MDEdit has been in a fully working Beta state for quite a while, more then nine months, and certain cats have already seen it. I have just been holding it back till OctaEdit v2 is released.
Depends on how many Release Candidates are required, which will depend on user feedback, any bugs, change requests, feature requests etc. Will be rolling out [ OSX | OSX Legacy | Windows ] in that order.
Beta Testing / Beta Testers:
I will now be moving into closed Beta (OSX only initially) with a small group of cats.
I will put a shout out shortly if anyone is interested in beta testing; or feel free leave a reply in advance.
There will be a preference given to those who I know / know their stuff / are OctaEdit users as they will (should) immediately/already understand a lot of the conceptual stuff.
If you already know in your heart of hearts that you are one of those people, feel free to pm me directly. You know who you are
Logo subject to change obviously for some reason
Standalone: Can operate entirely independently without a Machinedrum if you really want to.
VST/AU: Obviously limitations exist within the VST/AU/Plugin world.
VST/AU requires four midi channels.
Linux / AAX ? No and no.