Mattias Holmgrem's Octatrack Overview

that’s because he’s running it through the mpcs crappy converters

Multiverse Production Centre

1 Like

if Bob Clearmountain didn’t record it it sucks no matter what universe it’s in :grin:

I’ve only got room for one Bob in my life.

Bob-Office-Space-Licking-Upper-Lip

3 Likes

I should have listened :frowning:

It’s pretty obvious this guy is not the target audience for the OT.
But I’m not surprised he has one. Judging from this vid and the other vids on his channel, I haven’t seen someone who is a bigger “music equipment label whore” in a while. Only the most desired AND photogenic gear will do for this guy.

Also I should thank him for this:

Finding a video to practice scoring has always been difficult for me. I used to scour the web, tv, Netflix, YouTube, you name it……I’ve never been able to find a video to practice on. Not a single one. This has made my life so much easier. 🤦

Hopefully he can do a vid on where I can find music to practice sampling with. If you guys can point me in the direction of some music, it be greatly appreciated. I’m so stuck……halp. :tired_face:

2 Likes

there you go

1 Like

Finding video to practice on, just download any piece of cinema and remove the audio

Opening scenes, fight scenes, montages, death scenes, victories, defeats etc all good to score music to

If nothing else, this got me thinking, maybe I should review the OT. Was on it for years, thinking of going back, and that could be the angle. After going full circle and back to a kit that’s more than a decade old, what’s in it that makes it compelling today?

I can think of plenty. I am considering it again for a reason, after all.

5 Likes

I‘m sad its not about the sticky material on the knobs and buttons. I still don‘t know ( or can‘t decide as usual to be honest) if, what or where to get replacement knobs. On dn scratching off with fingernail was quite ok on the buttons. A4 1 buttons are very nice, knobs somehow a bit less sticky than dn on mine. ot I don’t use enough anyway unfortunately…
Would be nice if elektron would at least offer cheap harder plastic or aluminium replacements.

The guys bitwig tutorials and tips are very ok btw what i remember.

r/therewasanattempt to copy my man Ricky T’s overhead angle compact creations vibes

2 Likes

…he’s tooo nice and to naive to make fun of him…he’s a bitwig user with a nice and slow paste of doing frequent tutorials on that smartest/smoothest piece of next level daw code from berlin…
so leave him alone…he’s got only good intensions and no other hobbies…

7 Likes

TBF, when I was doing audio editing professionally I’d usually spend 3-5 hours working at a local coffee shop a few days out of the week just to get out of the house. An outboard audio interface and a decent set of headphones with good isolation were a work necessity, not for attenton.

The regular at one of the shops who brought a full tower PC with an LCD monitor, keyboard and external hard drives might have been doing it for attention, though.

3 Likes

Honestly…a coffee shop is a better werk environment than an office with no distractions? :thinking:

I’d rather work in a grocery store than an office, offices are terrible. I’ve worked from home as much as possible since the mid 2000s, but it’s important to get out and be around people, and a coffee shop is a good way to do that without many distractions.

Last time I had to work in an office was in 2010 when I was at John Hancock, and it was such a garbage way to live that I quit and left the entire state to be in a city where I could afford to go back to working remote after only about 3 months.

4 Likes

The last time I had an office with no distractions was 1999 or so. Since then it has been all about open floorplan offices, which I find more distracting than cafes. At least in a cafe, I can sit near the espresso machine and have steam or grinder sounds wash out any nearby conversation.

OTOH, bringing a pair of 32" monitors into the cafe feels a bit like a party foul.

2 Likes

Yeah, he does seem like a kind person. I’ve learned a few things from him using Bitwig. Not sure he knew what he was getting into. We all have our opinions. I’ve never seen him do hardware reviews. Strange.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, if people want to work on a laptop or play a music device at a coffeehouse doesn’t mean they are doing it for attention. People just like to judge!

That’s amazing, thank you

I like going to my local coffee shops and working on music as well, though I just use my laptop and headphones. You’re right, it’s important to be around people. I work from home too, have done for three years, and while I love it (offices suck), I do find the isolation becomes normalised very quickly. It’s a slippery slope, especially if you are prone to depression. Somehow, even wearing headphones, doing my own thing, it’s nice to be part of a place where people are coming and going, talking, debating, laughing… :slight_smile:

4 Likes