Mattias Holmgrem's Octatrack Overview

The octatrack is:

(1) completely fucking stupid and infuriating;

also

(2) I love it.

It’s possible for both (1) and (2) to be true, and they are both true.

6 Likes

Should be fine if they are battery powered……

Schrödingertrack

3 Likes

It kind of feels weird that my first and only machine has been the OT for years.

Bought the DN afterwards but it’s not as frustrating so i did not spend so much time with it. Plus its USB audio and clearly labelled functions are way too convenient.

Not a surprise i used the OT for about anything but electronic music so far.

3 Likes

Pro Sampler Mangler gear is right, or at least how I would describe mine.

I did the same thing, :laughing:

1 Like

you figure it out?

So do I, so I can’t really judge the people who judge for their judging (but I do anyway).

I won’t judge

1 Like

No :expressionless:

it gets better over time when I come back to OT

I have watched a few minutes of the video and it looks like he kind of likes the OT, no? Only bad thing is the thumbnail and title

here you go:

Dude clearly hasn’t gotten into the sequencing/ midi powerhouse/ resampling side Octatrack if it’s been in and out of his wardrobe for a year and wishes he could take it to the beach. Sounds like he’s just scratching the surface.

1 Like

You have to do what you have to do when you need the views.

1 Like

That’s what makes it useful to me. 8 independent recording buffers that can be used very flexibly, without even restarting transport! I think I use it more for the sampling functionality than its famous scene crossfader. Is there anything else that can do that in the sampling department? There might be, but I haven’t found it yet.

Of course, I’m sure some people don’t care about that sampling stuff… if I didn’t care about that, I might think it’s just a wide Digitakt with stereo sampling that can’t be taken to the beach

3 Likes

Just went to the website very interesting …second passion after music are watches

Thanks !

Seems like it’s exactly what he wants to do!

2 Likes