Made an album entirely on the Machinedrum and Monomachine (proceeds to charity)

Made another video for one of the tracks. This is one of the tracks that are Machinedrum-only (my next release will be MD-only again).

Also still want to thank everyone who’s listened to the album! This is pretty much the only place where I’ve advertised it (Instagram is like screaming into a void) so most of the plays (and purchases!) have come from fellow Elektronauts. :heart:

2 Likes

Great work Korp. sounds mint.

is that all internal synthesis or samples too?

1 Like

Thank you! The bit at the start of the song (and running through it) is internal sampling on the MD. I never use outside samples on the Machinedrum.

1 Like

Hey man really like this! Will def purchase when I get home, great stuff!

1 Like

Thank you, really glad you like it!

Hope you don’t mind a first Bandcamp Friday bump for this one. All proceeds now and forever going to charity (animal rights).

3 Likes

Finally listening to this, purchased it at release but hadn’t had time to focus on an album. Incredible work, every track is drenched in atmosphere. Chambers of the Sea and Reminiscense are tied for favorite track. I’ll definitely be playing this a lot in the near future!

1 Like

Love how minimal this album is. Great stuff.

1 Like

Think I missed this first time round. Thank you for bringing this thread to the top :smiley:

@korpinen any chance of including a few sysex files for the tracks with the release please ? I’d love to see how some of the sounds were made.

1 Like

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! :heart:

As for sysex files, a lot of the MD stuff is a natural evolution of my two previous releases that I released in the last couple of years and also made the sysex files available. So not the exact same but very much the same vibe. The MnM side of things on the album is very simple, it’s in more of a supporting role anyway.

But here’s the two MD-only releases that include the sysexes.

1 Like

Cool. Thank you

How you did “”Weave the Sunlight” on just a MD is beyond me :smiley: Fantastic tracks.

1 Like

Thank you so much, @mattp! IIRC, the distorted lead sound that kinda remains a constant throughout that particular song was an internally sampled GND-SW line. But I can go back and check if I still have those patterns on my MD and if I do, will share the sysex here.

nice job! I need to challenge myself to do the same using just the Rytm or just my Virus Ti2.

1 Like

Thank you! Go for it! More than doable on the Rytm alone also. :grinning:

2 Likes

I will challenge myself just using Rytm! And also using just Virus!

1 Like

That particular pattern/kit wasn’t on my MD anymore but here’s a backup that I did of everything after the Fragmenten album so it should be here. At any rate, it should shed some light on how some of the sounds and tracks on the album were made. It is a backup of everything on my MD so finding that particular pattern/kit will take some work but here is the sysex anyway. Hope you’ll find it useful in some way.

HemmeligMDsysex-ALL0923.syx (756.9 KB)

2 Likes

yoink-grab

edit: i won’t have chance to import this for a while, but you’re such a gem for sharing @korpinen

1 Like

Thank you for that. Looking forward to putting that in my MD. Not sure I will get the full experience as I think you have a UW version and mine is not. But keen to hear how it sounds.

1 Like

There are some (but not a whole lot) internally sampled bits on the album but all sounds are originally MD synthesis. I never use other samples on the MD.

Great work as usual. You’re a true wizard of the silver line! Love the atmosphere and how the beats blend in. Instant buy

1 Like