Made an album entirely on the Machinedrum and Monomachine (proceeds to charity)

Made this album entirely on the Machinedrum and Monomachine in the last couple of months. Stylistically it’s melodic ambient with IDM flavours. Available for free / pay-what-you-want thru Bandcamp. As with all previous Hemmelig albums, all proceeds from this album will go to charity - this time to Oikeutta Eläimille, a Finnish animal rights organisation founded in 1995 (read more here shorturl.at/bfrQ6)).

Also made a couple of videos for the tracks.

Hope some of you guys will like it!

62 Likes

Just grabbed, great stuff!!

2 Likes

Nice one, insta-purchase!

2 Likes

:beers:

4 Likes

Thanks guys, so glad you like it!

2 Likes

Great stuff @korpinen! I love what you do with these machines. I’ve purchased a couple of your releases before and enjoy how cohesive and together they sound. True mastery of each silver box :slightly_smiling_face:.
Only had time to listen to first few tracks but sounds lovely, Added it to my wish list and will purchase later on.

2 Likes

Again - a masterpiece!
Instant purchase!

(I am also a big fan of your visuals).

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Another thank you to everyone who listened to the album! So grateful for all the support!

7 Likes

Made my gear-lust for silver boxes worse than ever, nicely done korpinen. I’ll watch the video content when I have a moment to focus on the visuals. Thank you for sharing this work and for your dedication to a good cause.

3 Likes

Erittäin bueno meininki!!

1 Like

Thank you!

are the best ever! Only scratching the surface with the MnM here. Had it for four years now and these are the first (released) tracks I’ve used it on. A lot more familiar with the MD but it’s still immensely inspiring!

4 Likes

Really LOVE it ! :clap:

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Your really gettin a lot of atmosphere out of that combo ? Is the pad work coming from monomachine ? Or do you have like Md x firmware installed to use Md as synthesis as well ?

2 Likes

Thank you!

Depends on the track, both can definitely do pads. Monomachine is used for the slightly more modulated/complex pads (nothing crazy going on there tho) but I’ve had the X firmware installed for two years now and it’s definitely capable of some nice pad-like sounds. Just have to use one (slow trig) LFO to modulate volume to get that slow attack.

3 Likes

Good to know can’t wait to own both silver boxes it’s my life goal ! Can’t decide what to get first MM or Md lol ! Can’t wait for what you come up with next this was a beautiful release ! Really needed it in my life to wind down from hard work :sweat:

1 Like

Thank you for saying that, really means a lot! :heart:

MD and MnM are both awesome! I’ve been getting much more mileage out of the MD so far and I think that’s a lot quicker to learn. Plus if you don’t need the UW version the MD will be easier (and a bit cheaper) to find.

1 Like

Yeah I really just want to run the MDX firmware on the Md first and I think I’ll have a nice kit going ! Especially if I get mega command ! Seems like the prices of reverb aren’t the best right now for the older ones but they do pop up for good prices ! I was just thinking to get the +drive version then I can load some amiga ( tracker) sized breakbeats that are just killabytes !

2 Likes

Great release!
Signs Taken for Wonders is my fav. All the tracks are great! Did listen to the whole album 4-5 times and will sure listen to it again. Really like the atmosphere. Ambient-ish but still keeping it interesting with some nice twists along the way.

How did you find the MD+MnM combo; compared to creating your album with just the MD?
I’ve never been into the MnM sound but you used it tastefully! What was the MnM “main” role?

2 Likes

Thank you, my friend! As you can tell, Monomachine isn’t doing anything crazy here. Most of the tracks are driven by the MD with the MnM in a supporting role, mostly for some pads (which the MD can do but are easier to do on the MnM) and additional percussion. Funnily enough, your favourite track Signs Taken for Wonders is one of the MD-only tracks on the album. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like