Made an album entirely on the Machinedrum and Monomachine (proceeds to charity)

ha! which tracks are MD-only btw?

1 Like

From memory, tracks 2, 4, 6 and 8 are MD-only.

3 Likes

You are truly the Silver box legend!! such eclectic work!

3 Likes

Don’t know if you can see across Bottniska viken but I’m literally blushing here. Thank you! :heart:

I finally had time to listen to the whole Album. As always, a great quality Album. Soothing, meditative, really well mixed, clear Sounds, sublime Atmospheres and just enough Drums/Percs to accompany the whole thing. Congrats on the release @korpinen! :heart::pray:

Favorite Track : Weave the Sunlight. This could have been on Eluvium False Readings On, one of my favorite Album.

3 Likes

This is really nice. Just great work.

How do you work with these machines? Playing live? Multitracking? Using song mode? Or something else?

1 Like

Thank you! These are all single live takes into Ableton. I didn’t use song mode here (have used it for longer Machinedrum live sets). I just play around with the machines long enough to come up with something interesting, usually just a pattern or two, then hit record, start muting and unmuting parts and see what happens. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

So the MnM refuses to work with even numbers. Good to know before buying one :wink:

On topic: “Chambers of the Sea” and “Fragmenten” are ace! The others are too, but these I like most. Congrats with this great release!

1 Like

Many thanks, @Tchu! Your words mean a lot!

1 Like

Ha, it’s always been odd for sure! Thanks a lot for the comment and overall it’s been cool to hear what people’s favourite tracks are. Especially since everyone seems to have a different one! :slightly_smiling_face:

Made another video for one of the tracks. This is one of the tracks that are Machinedrum-only (my next release will be MD-only again).

Also still want to thank everyone who’s listened to the album! This is pretty much the only place where I’ve advertised it (Instagram is like screaming into a void) so most of the plays (and purchases!) have come from fellow Elektronauts. :heart:

2 Likes

Great work Korp. sounds mint.

is that all internal synthesis or samples too?

1 Like

Thank you! The bit at the start of the song (and running through it) is internal sampling on the MD. I never use outside samples on the Machinedrum.

1 Like

Hey man really like this! Will def purchase when I get home, great stuff!

1 Like

Thank you, really glad you like it!

Hope you don’t mind a first Bandcamp Friday bump for this one. All proceeds now and forever going to charity (animal rights).

3 Likes

Finally listening to this, purchased it at release but hadn’t had time to focus on an album. Incredible work, every track is drenched in atmosphere. Chambers of the Sea and Reminiscense are tied for favorite track. I’ll definitely be playing this a lot in the near future!

1 Like

Love how minimal this album is. Great stuff.

1 Like

Think I missed this first time round. Thank you for bringing this thread to the top :smiley:

@korpinen any chance of including a few sysex files for the tracks with the release please ? I’d love to see how some of the sounds were made.

1 Like

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! :heart:

As for sysex files, a lot of the MD stuff is a natural evolution of my two previous releases that I released in the last couple of years and also made the sysex files available. So not the exact same but very much the same vibe. The MnM side of things on the album is very simple, it’s in more of a supporting role anyway.

But here’s the two MD-only releases that include the sysexes.

1 Like