Live record mod wheel PB data from external keyboard?

Do you use a MIDI router? Certain ones can handle the merge for you if you like, assuming that you’re able to set the channel of your PB and mod independently from the keys on your controller.

maybe (not tested) there is a workaround with devices like blokas midihub, specific presets for every digitakt midi/o. I will test it when it is ready. For the time being, Launchpad pro cannot pass AfterTouch messages to the digitakt Midi Out port. So merging midi out (and probably filtering) with midi through port data could be a solution (without live record I guess).

PB knob, if enabled, continuously sends PB data to midi out. It is paused only on value -128.

Heh. Turns out this was not a deal breaker for me. I forgot about it, and bought one a couple of months ago. Just now trying to use a keyboard with MW and PB via the Digitakt for the first time, and damn, what a pain… A fix for this would be really nice…

5 Likes

I just recived my Digitone this week, and I ordered a controller to record controls like mod, pitch and aftertouch, but seeing this thread I realized that there is a huge problem for me here.
Please, Elektron can you resolve this aspect?

1 Like

@Elektron, is being able to record PB, MW and AT (as we can CC data) really a hardware limitation?

If it is not, then please add this in a firmware update and if that really can’t be done then at least stop the DT and DN from filtering out PB, MW and AT. That surely cannot be a hardware limitation.

I love these instruments and even their limitations, but this one thing is just maddening as it seems like it should not be a huge effort to enable.

Really hope we at least get a statement from you on this one way or another…

8 Likes

Just got this beautiful box, but hey-this topic is a really sad discovery for me. So Can it be solved by firmware? Well, get this done now. 3 years already?
+1 to all, including the song mode…

2 Likes

Hello,

I’d like to add my voice to kindly ask: if possible at all, please allow to record MW, Aftertouch, pitch bend (as one value per step is fine) like velocity and note length!

I like to play my synth including these when playing and would love to capture the performance!

3 Likes

In fact what would be really amazing is that all MIDI information gets passed through the Digitakt, so we can use one MIDI master keyboard/knobs etc… and that the CCs that are enabled on a track gets recorded as Plocks… Seems to make sense to me :smiley:

Edit: one workaround but it’s quite tedious: translate MW data coming from the keyboard to one of the 8 knobs from the Filter page of the Didgitakt, configure the corresponding knob to control CC1 (modulation) and it can be recorded… This involves a computer or some Bome box in between, which is unecessarily complicated I would say.

First the good news. New firmware today! Now the bad news - none of these topics seem to have been addressed. I has so happy to pass midi AND audio to and from iPad, but the midi thru data is filtered. Not even a sustain pedal.

3 Likes

Thanks! this really helped with setting modulation, and mapping to other parameters too! Sadly it didn’t work with PB, but I don’t use it that much.

+1 for @Elektron to include in MIDI THRU messages in next upgrades. Sustain pedal too please!

2 Likes

+1. A few weeks into learning my Digitakt and as I start to hook it up to other synths this makes me sad. Considering returning it and finding another option but I really like the rest of the feature set so far :confused:

2 Likes

Still waiting for this to be fixed.

2 Likes

Also still waiting…I love my Digi boxes, but this one limitation has me constantly annoyed and needing to change things in my setup. I supposed I should buy a merge box but seems like it should be such an easy fix!

1 Like

Would also love to see this added. Even pass-through to start. Fingers crossed for an update.

Big limitation on live performances.

3 Likes

Just wanted to add my voice to the crowd here, I’m with everyone… I’d be happy even with just pass through… i’m comforted to know that so many want this too, but I’m hurting to know that this thread started in 2017… I’m using a digitone, I absolutely love the synthesis but a big sell for me was also getting punch-step style polyphonic midi tracks and trig conditions, but I didn’t expect the piece to choke external expression parameters like this… so upsetting, and really bizarre

2 Likes

Oh je, run into the same issues. Sad!

1 Like

Same here… :pensive: looks like a simple fix to be honest

1 Like

This is a persistent issue that many would appreciate being solved. The DT+DN combination is severely hampered by not being able to share MIDI controller modulation between them. Please consider making passthrough a priority, @Elektron.

3 Likes

anyone know if this was solved in the 1.30 update?

no change to PB rec in 1.30

2 Likes