iPad Music Apps?

Bought Lagrange today… Amazing and auv3. Selling my micro freak for the BS2 feeling better and better.

what are people using as audio interfaces for their iPads? I’m wanting something hybrid so that I can use Bitwig, iPad, Roli Blocks, I’m guessing I would just need to run sound out of my iPad into Bitwig…? At that point should I just go out of the lightning headphone adapter into an audio interface on my macbook?

You can route audio and midi from iOS to Mojave or higher using a lightning cable.

2 Likes

Novation Audiohub

I use apeMatrix to run my iPad apps and I have the Rozeta midi tools which I use to my DT and DN. Nice way to add more LFOs to your workflow. Also, I’m using and iPad Pro with a USB adapter and I can send audio from my Elektron boxes and use it as a multi FX box and then send it back to the mixer.

1 Like

Apparently you can link channel levels without creating bus channels using an app called Visual Mixer (as long as you have one instance on each channel in AUM). Haven’t tried it myself but it seems to do what you want:

2 Likes

RME Babyface Pro

I miss Konkreet Performer :frowning:

1 Like

Pure acid is my favorite iOS music app since Koala. Highly recommended!

2 Likes

Through the CCK3?

The Send MIDI tools inside ApeMatrix is far better than rozetta midi tools man.
I use the Send Midi AUV3 by apematrix inside AUM.

1 Like

I tried to start a separate Pure Acid thread because I thought maybe we don’t need one monster thread for all apps anymore but the people have spoken, lol

3 Likes

Just DL’d this. Another great app from Jim Audio!

1 Like

This app is fun :grimacing:
Really getting back into ipad music making lately

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m really loving the ipad production as a compliment to the hardware approach.

I’ve got an iPad Pro 12.9 from 2017, but I find it a little slow sometimes. What iPad’s are other people using and do you have slow down and audio glitch problems? I’ve noticed that my screen is sometimes completely non-responsive.

I’m waiting for the 2020 iPad Pro to come out, before I upgrade, as reckon that will give nearer laptop level power + hopefully they will have ironed out all of the 2018 iPad Pro issues, when they switched the form factor etc.

Cheers

I have just a regular 2017 ipad. Works fine for what I‘m doing.
Screen could be a bit larger

Okay, intertesting, maybe I need to wipe it clean and then reinstall everything from backup.

Sometimes slow downs occur when nearing the limit of a devices data capacity, but mine’s 512gb and I’m only using just under 300gb at present.

maybe I‘m using less cpu heavy apps

1 Like

Can a Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter be used for a hardwired IDAM connection while also charging an iPad?