iPad Music Apps?

Does the spring actually sound like one (have you used a real one)? Every spring emulation I’ve heard is :wastebasket:. It’s why I’m still using an actual spring.

I don’t have any experience with a real spring. I just know that it isn’t unpleasantly shrill.

I’ve tried about 3 real spring reverbs as well as virtual ones. Only one doesn’t sound terrible with electric violin and thats the one on my QES Retrofier Roadtripper MCM

Daaang, iTVS is one of the first iPad synths I’ve fallen in love with. Don’t know how long the romance will last, but diggin it! :slight_smile:

I gotta tell you, I think the kind of app you’re looking for reps an extremely underserved corner of the iOS user spectrum. “maker” types lol. It would be great to find a readymade app that deals with composition/synthesis and arrangement both. I HAVE yet to find one anyway, But for my money KLANKWELLE & NANOLOOP are the two music apps most suited to my taste and level of industriousness. They are both stupid fun, work great from the larger iOS platform and ought to shake out to be a never ending sample source. I will definitely on the hunt for the monomachine/iPad video you mentioned. Thanks! ~ dp

1 Like

Off topic, but just had to share! Photoshop is out for iPad! This is why we bought them iPad Pros right? Now where’s that pencil…

EDIT: initial excitement turned into disappointment… many functions still unavailable and listed as “not yet supported on this device”… so its partially beta still. O’well

Try Affinity Photo if you don´t know it already. I don´t miss Photoshop at all and neither Illustrator since Affinity Designer came out.

1 Like

Thanks, but I’ll stick with photoshop because of CC integration. Turns out its just another waiting game. I can wait

Thanks for Klankwelle, never heard of it :+1:t3:

1 Like

Currently traveling through the States on holiday with my wife and using the iPad whenever the music making bug hits on the road…how powerful this thing has become - Cubasis / AUM / ApeMatrix plus all the amazing AUv3s available allow for a degree of complexity, refinement and sonic quality that’s really astonishing.

I knew this thing was powerful, but using it exclusively on this trip and thus engaging more deeply with it than usual has me really excited about the sophistication of the iPad as a music creation tool.

Thanks to all the good people recommending awesome synths/apps here and sharing your experiences and opinions generously, great resource and source of inspiration.

3 Likes

Samplr
Borderlands
Sector
Chordion
Patterning
Animoog
Reslice

2 Likes

i think it’s a good one. That is to say it’s the one (as well as Nanoloop) i would use for a real track, either by way of direct recording or as a sample source. Although now i’m excited to check out the apps from the list in the other comment! Have fun on your travels!

1 Like

copy that. i’m on it. thanks for the recommendations!

Hit me up if you need any specifics on any apps!

1 Like

Will do mate, most kind! Thanks again!

After neglecting it for quite a while, I fell in love with the Enso looper yesterday. Used it together with the Mutable Rings ipad version and eventide blackhole. Awesome for lofi ambient soundscapes

3 Likes

I posted this in Other Gear, but since one jam is iPad driven and processed, I’ll put it here too!

I don’t think this is possible but want to ask to confirm:

Is there a way to link channel levels in AUM?

I could always use another send but it would save me the screen space…

1 Like

No, that’s not possible. Internally, the only way is to use bus/group channel, or you can use external or AU midi controller and assign to multiple channels.

3 Likes

Pity. Thanks!