Pure Acid (JimAudio IOS app)

Yes, I know hardware is more fun - have a TT-303 myself, but I don’t always have it with me, whereas my iPhone usually goes everywhere with me. New 303-centric groovebox app:

9 Likes

Have been playing around with it for a little while now and I’m happy to report it is one of the most well-designed iPhone apps I used in a long time! It sounds great, but more importantly it’s a pleasure to use while I find most iOS music apps fiddly and frustrating.

It also includes a smart selection of factory patterns.

I must check out the other apps made by the same developer. This is good stuff.

2 Likes

I feel the same way. Sounds amazing and it’s super fun/easy to use. Highest recommendation!

yes, it’s great to use!
Check grooverider. One of the most beloved groovebox apps on ios. It’s pretty fun too, but much deeper of course

1 Like
1 Like

Old topic, but I just discovered JimAudio was Ukrainian. PureAcid is my fav app on iOS, but who cares on the battlefield ? This war is such a mess !

3 Likes

My thoughts are with him as well. Last Facebook post was on Mar. 4. Post before that was an apology for problems registering Poison 202

Redirecting...?cft[0]=AZUgv0LRmyjvVMTb6JywYTWBnJJkd1YV0qIEb1Lr1JbV96z0uustLjsk0xN8b3wnWwFSsC-HkRqlHhgn2G3w4Fx_2pJXeXCmSwZdYMzY0nz3UdJhf3rv1VXsiARDNUMU5pEuqadDFCLXOpPD_N29rqpEk0Bg9tVJO0oHQEzXclQijQ&tn=%2CO%2CP-R

2 Likes

JimAudio just updated the app with two in-app purchase to support Ukraine. Please help him.

6 Likes

done.

and only by purchasing that did I twig you can change the colour settings. never knew you could. dark mode is GO :heart:

1 Like

Stopping by here to register my love for this app and dev! Every time I open it I learn something new and have something danceable in seconds. It’s just so good. Hope the last year of war bs hasn’t been too hard on Dmitrij as well. Grabbed the support pack as soon as it was available last year.

4 Likes

we’ve got an update!

Version 1.5.4

• Fixed: Ableton Link was not working in the network between Ableton Live and Pure Acid on the newest iOS versions;

• AUv3: Midi In Channel settings bug fixed. Previously, audio units always had [Bass: Any, Drums: 10] Midi In channel setting. Now it corresponds to what you set in the standalone’s global Midi In Channel settings (Settings menu);

• now you can Paste a bassline (or drums) pattern into a new pattern slot during playback right before jumping to that slot. It is helpful during live playback if you want to create several bassline (or drums) patterns by copying one to another without interrupting the playback. All you have to do is tap the destination pattern slot, and then quickly tap the Paste button right before the cursor jumps to that pattern slot.

4 Likes

nice!

That last bullet point makes me so happy!