Vermona DRM workouts with OT and iOS

I long neglected my Vermona DRM II. I often didn’t manage to get her to sit well in mixes for standard drum duties. I found the envelopes not great on some channels. With a mind to selling, I took her out to sample up. Now I don’t think I can let her go. I forgot how much beef, character and low end there is the drm channel oscillators - this is a monster bass machine. Also the hats can sound sweet.

Anyways, here’s two workouts, just a couple of patterns and tweaking, not practiced and polished performances, let alone productions!

The first is recorded from the Vermona’s main outs in one take. BB delay insert into Channel 4 of the Vermona. Recorded into my iPad, with eq and fx from Amazing Noises and Tone Boosters added + some master compression.

The second: Only unprocessed samples from the DRM in the OT. External compressor on most tracks, some reverb from the H9 on the others. Warning, bass heavy repetitive beats!

4 Likes

I’ve bought and sold a DRMIII twice now. You’re making it difficult not to get another :slight_smile:

It can now be MIDI triggered from my AR2 can’t it?

1 Like

I was on the verge of getting drmIII, but it does seem to be something people buy,sell,buy etc. trying to get out of that loop!

1 Like

I’m starting to look at it as a synth module more than a drum machine.

1 Like