iPad Music Apps?

anything that has a slice to grid option, lets you set the number of zones, adjust start/stop points then export each slice as a sample would work :smile:

I didnā€™t understand a word you just said but I think BM3 does it :wink: (it does)

1 Like

Anyone had a go with iVCS3?

2 Likes

Eg pulse has transient detection and you can slice to pad

It also allows to screen from the likes of youtube, drag in as audio and slice to pads. Unlimited sampling possibilities

And it lets you samples from other apps

Itā€™s amazing. Sounds fantastic, totally unruly and various modules can be used as AUs. Spring verb sounds very good. Itā€™s a lot though.

1 Like

I took a chance on Pulse and have personally found its interface to be convoluted and inefficient. I donā€™t like using it.

Which is a damn shame because it ticks a lot of boxes for what I want in a sampler.

1 Like

I bought it, this thing is alien, should be a lot of fun with OT

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking the same thingā€¦but Iā€™m gonna give it a go and see if I take to it.

1 Like

Definitely is. But itā€™s super deep so I would advise RTFMing. That matrix is crazy; he created a whole app based on it. Coupled with MIDI control :exploding_head:

1 Like

I remember an app called Beat Twirl that sliced and exported in various ways, itā€™s not the prettiest but it was no nonsense easy useā€¦

I only ever used it to chop loops and export in folders to drop in hardware, but it was extremely simple to employ.

What the matrix is midi controllable? So theoretically I could make a midi controller for it, that would be insane. Just sat for a while with it and OT paired up and Jesus what an odd combo, think Iā€™m on to a new favourite

iā€™ve been enjoying these apps and actually incorporating them into my live setup; in no particular order:

1. Samplr (an iOS staple, old but gold)
  2. Animoog (classic stuff right there)
  3. Patterning (fun sequencer)
  4. Fugue Machine (turn on the poly mode on A4 and youā€™re in melody heaven)
  5. Elastic Drums (machinedrumy, works well standalone as a groovebox)
  6. Borderlands (eagerly waiting for an update)
  7. iDensity (craaaaaazy good)
  8. Impaktor (drum synthesis meets finger drumming)
  9. MobMuPlat (for PureData patches if i need something specific)
  10. Collider (must have for Analog Rytm owners)

and ofc utilities like Lemur and TouchOSC for control, midiflow for midi routing, AUM etc

8 Likes

No (at least I donā€™t think it is :thinking:) Sorry. My ideas were out of order. Im saying the app coupled with OT MIDI (usual stuff) is great.

iDensity is great - wow! Thanks for the recommendation :slight_smile:

no worries either way, Iā€™m very happy. Had the midi LFOs modulating tons of shit last night, loved it

2 Likes

Thatā€™s it. ā€ŽiVCS3, iDensity are now on my Black Friday to buy list!

I should get my head around Sector before getting any more deeper apps. In my initial tryouts, I got a little session going with just Sector and Tardigrain, some rozetta apps sequencing tardigrain, and some fx - sounded very AFX - totally twisted break beats with lush atmospherics evolving alongside. It felt like cheating.

2 Likes

Has anyone successfully transferred AUM projects between devices? If yes, could you explain what you did?

Yeah, just AirDrop the projects from Files app to the other device. It will open up in AUM and they should all be saved in the Inbox folder.

2 Likes

iVCS3 wow, my new fav! Iā€™m just preset surfing and flipping random switches and knobs. But sounds great! Super nice old school kinda vibe, or somethingā€¦ I dunno love it!

2 Likes

is there an ipad app that does the FFT Freeze like the Q-Bit Nebulae? I have most of the granular apps, but none of them capture that freeze sound of the Nebulae module.

1 Like