Introducing Syntakt

Not possible. Same as MD and MM and AR.

Great price/value, packed with features. Probably the only groovebox/sequencer most people will ever need. But I gotta admit, underwhelmed by the sound. Ah well, guess we will never get a true MD follow up. Will wait for Perkons updates.

2 Likes

This is effectively p-locking the Machine.

Imagine you could explicitly p-lock a Machine. The locked Machine would need settings away from its defaults to make this a useful feature. If you could combine a “p-locked machine” and p-locks for the params, on one trig, you have a Sound Lock.

1 Like

So can you comment on 9.10.2 in the manual saying “You can change a track’s sound to another sound (that uses the same voice type) from the Sound pool on any individual sequencer step,” and 6.3.1 that says “The Syntakt has three different kinds of voice types. Analog Drum, Analog Cymbal, and Digital.” This seems to suggest that a sound lock can change to another sound that is the same broad voice type (but has a different machine within that type). Manual glitch or something you overlooked? I think that with this many tracks, it is not so necessary to p-lock sounds, but it would be nice to know. Thanks…

2 Likes

Yea you have to use the sound pool for that. I haven’t really dived into that much yet. Perhaps someone else can weigh in while I experiment.

But as far as holding a parameter and simply choosing a different machine for that step, in a traditional p-lock way, no.

4 Likes

Okay, confirmed… using the sound pool you can jump between machine types on a single track.
As long as digital stays in digital, analog stays in analog, and cymbal/hat stays in cymbal hat.

24 Likes

Good. Though, I think, only useful when one is stressing the machine to its limits. Some flexibility is lost (muting mutes all sounds, not just one sound that happens to be mixed into this track).

gotta log out first

Well you could use a trig condition for that, and then use the FILL/PAGE button to mute just the sound locks. Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

3 Likes

It was my favourite film for years.

/derail

2 Likes

I don’t know what’s going on here but that lady in the white dress is pretty. I wonder if she’s single?

Andrew Huang killed it with his demo of this thing imo. I could live without him rapping lol, but everything else was great.

7 Likes

Hello Elektronauts.

Everyone here at Elektron appreciates you all!

30 Likes

I bought this so fast :slight_smile:

I’m glad I scored one of the ones sold on elektron.se.

5 Likes

I think Loopop has convinced me to be an early adopter, which means 2023 for us Australians

6 Likes

He says in this video that the SY-TOY machine is physical modelling. I cannot find “physical modelling” in the manual though. Not saying he’s wrong but I want to know more! I always wondered when the physical modelling voices would show up on some hardware drum machines especially after the success of the Rings eurorack module.

In the manual description for SY-TOY: “FORM (Form) approximates different physical materials and objects”. I’d be curious as to how similar to Rings it is.

3 Likes

Can’t stand Huang.

1 Like

ok.

I get that. But his vid on this thing is good.